Zombies overrunning Lower Bucks

The Lower Bucks campus will be holding a frighteningly-fun new event called the “Zombie Run” on Nov. 7 to support the Wounded Warrior Project and collect canned goods for families in need.

Established by Anna Candelaria, president of the Lower Bucks Program Council, the Zombie Run will have its participants running through the woods from zombies, only instead of running for their lives, they’ll be running for the benefit of others.

At the start of the race, each participant will have two life tags. The goal is to be the first to make it to the finish line before the zombies can rip off these tags.

Prizes will be awarded to the top three finishers—those who cross the finish line with at least one remaining life tag.

They are also looking for volunteers to be a part of the zombie hoard.

“We really need more volunteers and staff members. We need a lot of zombies for this,” said Candelaria.

The Zombie Run will be held on Nov. 7 from 2-5 p.m.

Registration begins at 1:30 p.m. on Nov. 7.

Registration will cost $5 for those who bring five canned goods to be donated to homes in need. Normal registration cost is $7.

Further donations are also accepted and encouraged. Profits from the event go towards the Wounded Warrior Project, a charity that supports injured service members.

The event is open to everyone in the community, who is at least18 years old. Friends and family are welcomed to join the zombie apocalypse.

Participants are required to wear sneakers.

No pets, weapons or costume props of any kind are permitted at the zombie run.

For further questions, comments or concerns about volunteering or the event itself, contact Anna Candelaria, president of the Lower Bucks Program Council, at 267-987-1221 or at [email protected].