Men’s basketball eliminated

The Men’s basketball team lost their playoff game to Middlesex Community College on Saturday, 22 February by a score of 89-75.
According to the Bucks Athletics Facebook Page, the team was down by 22 points at halftime, but stormed back to cut the lead down to just five points with eight minutes left in the second half. But Middlesex was too much in the end, eliminating the Centurions from the playoffs.
Like the majority of the season, the team was led by its three top players, Will Davis, Kelvin Cobbs-Jackson, and Terriek Williams.
Davis led the team in scoring during the season, and that was no different against Middlesex. He scored an outstanding 29 points, and added an impressive 14 rebounds. Kelvin added 17 points, and Terriek scored 16.
As mentioned in the previous edition of the Centurion, the team only plays with six players, which may have caught up with them in the end.
Instead of having fresh players full of energy to constantly sub in and out of the game, the Centurions are at a disadvantage to their opponents. Even though they almost always have their best players in the game, the lack of substitutes may have ended up hurting the team in the long run.
According to the Bucks Athletics Page, Kelvin hit two free throws to bring the game to the closest it
would get, but two key turnovers by the Centurions halted their
attempt to complete the
comeback, and ended their season.
Many positive strides
were made during the season, and Davis
evolved into not only one of the best players in the region on the court, but became possibly one of the best leaders off the court.
Davis lead the team in
scoring and rebounding. On top of that, he also kept his grades up, while still finding time to improve his game in order to bring the team much needed victories..
Bucks finished their season with a 10-12 record overall, while Middlesex improved to 17-10. Middlesex then lost their next game to the higher seeded Union County College, 82-67.