Eagles look to soar into postseason

Headed toward the end of a rollercoaster of a regular season, the Philadelphia Eagles look to remain atop their division and soar into the postseason.

After feasting on their NFC East rivals, the Dallas Cowboys, on Thanksgiving, the Eagles have been getting ceaseless praise from their fans, and expectations are high. However, some fans have quelled their expectations as they look ahead to the remaining Eagles schedule, which includes the 2014 Super Bowl champions, the Seattle Seahawks.

“It’s not even guaranteed that the Eagles will win their division yet, the Cowboys are still only one game back, and they play each other again in a couple of weeks,” said Austin Tolson, 19, a sports management major. “Even if they make it in from the top of their division, the game in Green Bay kind of makes me wonder if they could make it past a legitimate contender.”

Other fans however, hold onto the memories of past seasons, where the Eagles exited the regular season with impressive records, but ultimately fell short of their ultimate goal of winning the Super Bowl.

“It feels like déjà vu to me,” said Daryl Moss, 19, a communications major. “Every time the eagles have had a good season, people say this is the year, but if that was the case Donovan McNabb would have some rings.”

According to NFL.com, the Philadelphia Eagles remain one of only 13 NFL franchises to have never won a Super Bowl, but according to some fans that could change.

“There’s always a chance we can surprise some people.” said Andrew Flannigan, 18 “To beat Dallas like that is big, and I think that made up for the Green Bay game. Dallas is a really good team, and we beat them in their stadium, so that says a lot about what we can do in the postseason if we had to play an away game.”

“LeSean McCoy has had a few good games now, so maybe that’ll get him going for the rest of the season and through the postseason. If they are going to go deep into the playoffs, they’re going to need him,” said Tara Kelly, 19, a communications major.

Before the Eagles can begin to focus on the playoffs, they still have to secure their playoff seed. With the Seahawks and Cowboys both fighting for positions in the postseason, as well as teams like the Redskins and Giants looking to play spoilers, the Eagles could fail to clinch a spot.

“We have to hold tough going into the end of the season” said Eagles Head Coach Chip Kelly, according to csnphilly.com. “We still have several games ahead of us that we have to win.”