Bucks talent show raises money

Bucks talent show raises money

The Bucks Business Association held the first annual Bucks talent show on April 10 in which students sang, dance, performed comedy skits and much more.

The event, which was held in the auditorium, benefited the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.

Some of the memorable talent that took the stage included second place winners Rohit Samuels and Marino, who played a violin and guitar medley of the Eagles titles Hotel California.

First place went to Greg Krum, who impressed the judges with a monologue he assembled from The Glass Menagerie. The skit Krum performed, filled with the anger and hostility of the character he was portraying, had the audience at the edge of their seats.

But, the show wouldn’t have been the same without it’s outgoing host, Matthew Hoffer, who is the vice president of the Bucks Business Association. Hoffer, who had a major role in the making of the show, kept the audience snickering with his George Bush and Barak Obama impressions between acts.

“The show is going fantastic. Well organized and on the ball! I couldn’t of asked for a more perfect talent show,”  said Hoffer, during the 20-minute intermission.

During the intermission, vendors sold delicious homemade treats. There was also a raffle at the end of the show.

The audience remained involved in many of the acts.

Tina Guertler, 20, communications student from Furlong, said, “I’m glad I came out, so far all the acts have been really good! I can tell a lot of hard work was put into it.”

Breyon Young and Kevin McClease appeared on stage in overalls and sneakers to perform a dance routine that had the audience in hysterics.  They played a mix of popular dance songs such as Grease lightening, Cupid Shuffle, Single Ladies, Teach me how to Dougie, and much more.

“Breyon and Kevin were hilarious, I couldn’t take my eyes off! them?” said Danica Fossesca, 19, from Plumsteadville.

Cess Rogers and Company performed a song and dance routine during the second act that was synchronized accordingly with outstanding choreography. Jack Perotta, 20, from Doylestown said, “They owned the stage, the song they performed was really catchy and I couldn’t get it out of my head.”

Justin Walko opened the show with his cover of Bob Seger’s Turn the Page. He left the audience in awe over the delivery of his act and the passion in his singing. The whole audience stood after Walko’s performance and applauded him graciously.

The Bucks Business Association was pleased with the proceeds they made for the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. Matt Kelly, president of the BBA, and Matthew Hoffer, vice president of the BBA, did an excellent job with putting the show together and couldn’t have done it without everyone who participated in the first annual Bucks Talent show.