Win free tuition in Heroes of the Dorm

Bucks students grab your keyboards, and get ready to compete for $450,000 in tuition and other prizes in Blizzard Entertainment’s Heroes of the Dorm college eSport tournament.

Blizzard Entertainment and TeSPA, the college gaming network, have partnered up to bring college campuses across the US and Canada Heroes of the Dorm, the definitive “Heroes of the Storm” college tournament.

Currently in closed beta testing, Heroes of the Storm is Blizzard Entertainment’s free-to-play online team brawler featuring iconic heroes from more than 20 years of the developer’s gaming history.

Every competing team comprised of five students will get access to the Heroes of the Storm closed beta test in order to participate.

ESPN will deliver exclusive live coverage for Heroes of the Dorm on television and digital platforms.

This represents the first live televised coverage of a collegiate eSports event on an ESPN network.

“College sports do great things for student athletes—they help pay for schooling, build teamwork and communication skills, and create lasting memories,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment.

“We believe eSports has the same kind of power, and this tournament aims to bring positive experiences like these to college gamers.”

The Heroes of the Dorm tournament is open to active college students in the United States and Canada and will be played across three rounds of competition.

Open qualifiers begin March 28.

The winning team members will each receive up to $25,000 for the remainder of their undergraduate or graduate program, up to three full years or up to two years, respectively.

While seniors and grad students with no remaining years of enrollment will receive one year’s worth of tuition to help repay student loans or an equivalent cash prize if the student does not have any remaining student loans.

Each player whose team makes it to the Heroic Four will take home a top-of-the-line gaming PC and officially licensed “Heroes of the Storm” merchandise and accessories.

ESPN3 will carry the Round of 16, Round of 8, and Heroic Four live exclusively. The coverage will also be available across multiple ESPN platforms in several international regions.

Viewers will be able to access Heroes of the Dorm tournament action on ESPN3 under the eSports category online at WatchESPN.com, on smartphones and tablets via the WatchESPN app and streamed on televisions through Apple TV, Roku, and other connected devices.

In late April, the Heroes of the Dorm championship match will be televised live in prime time on an ESPN network and also accessible via WatchESPN.

Further details on the telecast will be made available.

“Heroes of the Dorm presents an exciting opportunity to once again work with Blizzard, a leader in the games industry,” said Raphael Poplock, ESPN’s vice president of games and partnerships.

“By delivering the tournament to an audience of gaming fans in the US and beyond, we are able to experiment with new formats and programming across our networks.”

To sign up, students should form a team of five players and register by visiting the official Heroes of the Dorm website, heroesofthedorm.com.