SGA elections ending

A+few+members+of+SGA+and+faculty+
Sarah Sanderson
A few members of SGA and faculty

Attention all Bucks students, the chance to vote on candidates for your Student Government Association (SGA) ends the last week in April, so the time to have your voice heard is now.

The SGA isn’t just a club here at Bucks; it is the student body’s voice to the administration.

The SGA is the student body’s representative and the outlet for students to share their concerns on issues facing the campus.

Through the SGA students can work with administrators to solve them.

The mission statement of the SGA is to, “represent the student body in all dealings with the Board of Trustees, the administration, faculty organizations, and the public and to promote maximum effective participation by students on college committees in the college governance structure.”

“Student Government is open to anyone who would like to join. The association is in constant need of members, due to the fact that Bucks is a two year school. Any major is welcome,” said Matt Cipriano, who is the advisor to SGA, director of Student Life Programs, and athletic director.

Government meeting ate held every Tuesday in Room 115 of the Rollins Student Center.

Cipriano explained how rewarding it is to students coming together to make a difference.

“Watching students who typically do not know each other come together to help fellow students by solving problems and finding ways to build relationships between college leadership and students.”

Elections for SGA positions are currently being held until the last week in April.

Voting can be done by visiting bucks.edu/life/student/government. There students can find instructions on how to vote by clicking on the  “How Do I Vote” tab.

There is also a section on the website for students to voice their opinion about any concerns and issues they may have that the SGA may be able to help with.

Anyone with an interest in running for a seat with the SGA board of executives or counselors, or just want to be a part of SGA, is encouraged to come to meetings.

Everyone is encouraged to vote for the next officials online. Students at Bucks have a voice.