Student Government Association elections are upon us

The Student Government Association (SGA) is holding their Election Week from 9:00 am April 25 through 9:00 am April 28, 2016.
The SGA has 10 available positions in the cabinet that need to be filled. Student body President and Vice President are two of the roles that call for the most attention.
The SGA acts as a liaison between students and leaders of the college. They are looking for new candidates looking to improve their leadership skills, network with staff and faculty, and become the voice of their fellow students.
SGA funds student clubs and organizations, as well as Athletics, student programming, and other areas that benefit the student body of Bucks.
They are looking for eager and determined students to fill the positions of president, vice president, director of events, treasurer, and secretary.
They also need councilors of student involvement, public relations, clubs and organizations, student advocacy, and a counselor at large. They are even seeking new liaisons for Lower Bucks and Upper Bucks campuses.
The objective of the candidate should be to meet as many students as possible so they can become familiar with the name and face, as well as the person’s character and ideas. The prospective candidate should also become familiar with the inner workings of the SGA so that they can better address strengths and weaknesses of college programs.
Requirements for eligibility are basic, allowing almost any student to become a contender. Students are only asked to have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better and to be enrolled in three or more credits.
Candidates are required to complete a biographic data sheet, as well as a petition sheet, and file it with the Student Life Office by April 15.
Running for SGA office is great experience for political science majors and makes an amazing addition to any student’s resume.
Current secretary, Razin Karu, is running for President as well as Elizabeth Mortimer, current Vice President.
Those that hold their current position in the student government have to give up their position after a year so there is fresh blood in student government. This rule is also enforced to ensure and encourage new students to get involved in their student government, student life, as a way to give back to their school.
It’s important for all students to come out and support their school by voting for the candidates for Bucks student government, so make sure to take the time to come out and vote!
All bucks students will get an email notifying when the polls are open, you can vote on your MyBucks page, a notification will be on the sidebar on the portal.
All students have received the application and eligibility forms in the MyBucks portal under “announcements.” Students in need of assistance can contact Student Life Programs at 215-968-8257 or [email protected].