The votes are in for a new Student Government!

The results are in for the 2014 Student Government Elections and they have already started to tackle current issues here at Bucks in order to provide the students with a more comfortable environment.

Many of the candidates who ran are eager to kick off the fall semester with a confident start.

Current members of SGA re-ran for the 2014 fall semester and were all excellent students. Students that didn’t win are still apart of the SGA which is very optimistic for the club. It shows that many of the students show good sportsmanship and are ready to tackle issues that are arising in Bucks.

Danielle Selko, 22, a psychology major, won the councilor of clubs and organizations. Selko is looking forward to what the 2014 fall semester has to offer, “I’m thrilled to get the clubs and orgs involved in more of the campus life here at Bucks.”

Matt Hoeffer, 20, who is also a psychology major cannot wait to begin his new position as treasurer next semester, “I feel very excited to get the ball rolling for next semester’s activities.”

The winners of the 2014 Student Government
Elections are as follows:
Brad Blosser won the presidency.
Andrew Strauss won the vice presidency.
Matt Hoeffer won treasurer.
Theresa Kelly won secrtary.
Danielle Selko won the councilor of clubs.
Christina Smith won lower-Bucks liason.

There are many projects the Student Government Association has been working on in the past year, their main goals are to provide students at Bucks attend a more comfortable environment and to allow full-time and part-time students to feel at ease.

In order to achieve their goals, there are many outlets which provides the club a better understanding of what the everyday Bucks student’s needs; the club has made it easier for students to send in their complaints and suggestions they may have for the college on the school website.

One of the several projects Student Government has been working on is the issue with Septa buses, the 130, not running through the campus on Saturday. This problem makes it difficult for students wanting to take Saturday classes, and those who decide to tough out the situation, the only option is to walk the two mile long journey of the roads from the Village of Newtown Shopping Center to the campus in order to attend class.

SGA has taken this problem into major consideration, and has set up a meeting with the Bucks County TMA and a member of SEPTA.

Another project the club has been working on is small one, but a very big step to what they and many other clubs had been doing in the past. In order for clubs to have projects they wish to operate on, trips wanting to attend, or fundraisers to start, the club President must fill out a several pages by hand and submit it into the clubs and organizations office. However, Matt Cipriano, Director of the Student Life Program, feels that they are stuck in the stone ages and wants to upgrade to something more digital. “I wish to make the forms into web-based forms to make things more stream-lined.”

Not only does SGA fix the issues that are affecting students at Bucks, but the club also does fundraisers dealing with financial literacy in an event called “Kiss a Pig,” where they raised $1000 to kiss a pig. Recently, Student Government created an event to raise money where many brave students on campus auctioned off themselves for CHOP.