Clubpalooza gets Bucks students involved!

On Tuesday September the 2nd and Wednesday September the 3rd, a mass of students gathered in and around Bucks’ Cafeteria to display the school’s various clubs and organizations. The event pushed for students to get active with BCCC’s extracurricular activities.
The cafeteria was filled with tables and stands that contained signs and signup sheets for clubs such as the Future Teachers Organization, the Drama Club, the Open Door Club,
During the time when foot traffic was slow, club members took the time to talk amongst themselves and other club representatives. Once lunch hours hit, herds of students made their way through the cafeteria, and to the various club tables. Many students who usually just pass by while walking to their next destination, slowed down to take a look at what was happening. Some even got inspired and signed up for one or more clubs.
Students from all walks of life could find an activity to connect with. Despite the different styles, backgrounds, skill levels, and interests, students had the opportunity to get plugged in at Bucks.
Music major, Naomi Thompson, 18, from the Feasterville area, signed up for a couple different clubs and said “I came to the club fair looking for a new diverse group of friends and a purpose at this college.” She claimed to love the different variety of clubs offered on campus.
Childcare major Becky Jones, 26, from Newtown, was one of the individuals representing the Photography Club. She said she thought that the Palooza is a very effective way of revealing the different clubs on campus. However, she also mentioned that maybe before it takes place, the Palooza should be better advertised. She overheard many people who were passing by say they knew nothing about it.
After asking her what the Photography club was about, she said that all photographers with any genre of work are welcome to come showcase and talk about the photographs that they take.
She mentioned that the club was “hoping to do a project in October called Philadelphia Photo Day” where any of their photos could be entered in the Philadelphia Art Center.
Sarah Wingad, 18, and Criminal Psychology major, and Gabrielle Leposki, 21, representatives of the Inter-varsity Christian Club say that they think the Palooza is an effective way for all clubs to get noticed because so many people walk by the area where the stands are all centralized.
“The group is about growing closer to Jesus and learning more about Him.” Said Gabrielle about the Inter-varsity Christian Club. Sarah went on to say, “This is like a spiritual refuge in college life.”
While some seem to love the Palooza, there are those, like Naomi, who say it is effective but needs to be more advertised: “I didn’t know about it and would not have known about it if friends of mine weren’t a part of clubs.”