Teachers of Tomorrow Club Makes a Difference

The Bucks Teachers of Tomorrow club is a great way to serve the children in our community. The club participates in many fundraisers and local events during the school year that provide meaningful experiences for both students and children alike.
The club was designed to give students in the Bucks education program an opportunity to work with and serve the children in our community, however it is not limited to students studying education. Anyone is welcome to join.
“I love being a member of the Teachers of Tomorrow Club at Bucks because it gives me hands-on experience to work with the young children of our community,” said Chris Kovaleski, a student in the Teachers of Tomorrow club.
In the past, the Teachers of Tomorrow club has sponsored a Fall Festival for the children at Christ’s Home in Warrington. Kids involved got to paint pumpkins, decorate fall leaf ornaments, and play a fun game of kickball with the Bucks students.
Alyx Danberry, the student president of the Teachers of Tomorrow club, says, “We all look for new ways to help the community, which in turn helps us be even more grateful for the opportunities we have every day. Teachers of Tomorrow is like one giant family. I wouldn’t be where I am today in my schooling career without these amazing human beings I am lucky enough to know!”
Meetings for the Teachers of Tomorrow club are held on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of every month, at the Upper Bucks Campus in room 251, from 12:30-1:30. During the meetings, they plan for upcoming events in the community.
As for the future, Teachers of Tomorrow is sponsoring a Spring Shopping Night, on Friday, March 24th at the Upper Bucks Campus, from 6:30-9:00 PM. 20 local vendors are participating. All are welcome, and admission is free.
All the vendors are going to give a percentage of their profits to the Teachers of Tomorrow club. The club is hoping to donate the money to the child development room at Pennridge High School, in order to help them replace supplies that were damaged by a recent fire at the school.
The Teachers of Tomorrow club is a great opportunity for students to get to know other students on campus, as well as a chance to get to know different organizations that serve children in the local community.
After students help sponsor an event, advisor Jeannine Chodoroff, provides each student with a certificate of participation, which they can add to their future professional portfolio.
Jeannine Chodoroff, club advisor, says, “It is a great group of students! We work really well together and we do great things for the community!”
For anyone who is interested in joining the Teachers of Tomorrow club, or is eager to learn more information about upcoming events, email the advisor Jeannine Chodoroff ([email protected]). Or get connected through Facebook (Teachers of Tomorrow- Upper Bucks).