Six Feet Under Album Thicker Than Blood

In the true spirit of nihilistic metal, Six Feet Under returns with Bringer of Blood, the band’s fifth aural assault since its inception in 1995. Produced by lead singer Chris Barnes, this album leads our minds through a waste land of greed, corruption and destruction, while taking a break here and there for some good old fashioned hate.

In Amerika the Brutal, Barnes expresses his dissent for the pantheon of American gods of industry and politics with the growls of guttural protest, “Worth dying? Not for oil. No war!” The rhythm seems to come down on you like a 747 and then stick around to burn you alive in the wreckage.

My Hatred, Barnes’ assault on the Catholic church, revolves on a spinning axis of descending distortion and an almost tribal drumbeat as he grunts a lamenting, “Can’t think straight, I’m gonna break, breakdown…”. As the lyrics continue to stalk the God-fearing book-pushers, the already bone-crunching beat goes double time to display a return to the always-in-style jumping harmonic sweeps of an eighties metal guitar solo.

Of course, no metal album would be complete without the traditional, “You’re gonna die” song, and this is no exception. The thunder-drum beats of When Skin Turns Blue would strike fear into the heart of many an old lady, even without Barnes’ deep, gritty cursing, “God damn you, God damn my soul…”

Due to be released Sept.23, 2003 by Metal Blade Records Inc.