Catch the Fever

If you are looking for a movie with gory blood and tons of chills Cabin Fever is now playing in theaters for you to see. This bone-chilling movie is a knock off of old classic horrors put together without any supernatural effects. Yet at the same time you find yourself laughing until your stomach hurts at the stupid but comical scenes. Eli Roth directs the movie and the leading stars are Jordan Ladd, James DeBello, and Rider Strong.

All college kids can relate to a weekend getaway in the woods full of partying and hot flings. The characters in the film are typical stereotypes- a quiet boy with a secret crush on a friend; a self-involved rich boy; a beautiful flirty brunette; and the classic beer drinker. It is autumn and the graduates are ready for a fun filled weekend before going off to the working world. Unfortunately, they get more than they bargained for in this thriller.

The scary and weird events start to take place at the local general store by the cabin. Paul (Rider Strong) upsets the locals by attempting to steel a candy bar. Soon he is attacked and bit by the store clerk. A man who is covered in blood and looks like something has been eating away at his flesh then visits the gang. The teens do not want the disease that the man has to offer and refuse to help him. The man later dies in the lake but not without leaving his new friends with a deadly, flesh eating disease that has infested the waters.

Weird things start happening around the gang and one by one they catch the disease. The locals refuse to help in anyway and believe that the teens brought on the trouble themselves and deserve whatever nature has in store for them. We soon find out that when one’s life is at stake, friends quickly become enemies and will do anything to keep themselves alive. They even go as far as locking a close friend in a shack, so he/she will live can.

This movie is for anyone who is up for a good scare that will leave you with chills or for those who are just into bloody and rushing scenes. You may even begin to wonder what you would do if your friend caught a deadly disease? Would you stand by or escape while you still could? .

“Cabin Fever” was put together well, but the horror clips were the same ancient scenes that have been over used and abused. A girl trapped alone in the woods, dead bodies floating around in water, and of course what horror movie would be complete without chopped up body parts.

Rating: B