Rundown to Theatres!

If you like random senseless humor and gratuitous action then you will love “The Rundown.” Beck (The Rock) is a mild mannered tough guy who is sent to Brazil to retrieve his boss’s son, Travis (Sean William Scott). It’s not long before this seemingly easy job becomes an all-out battle between rebels in Brazil and a business man, Hatcher (Christopher Walken), turned warlord.

Scott would be the obvious choice for the main comic relief of the film because of his popularity as Stiffler from the “American Pie” trilogy. Scott has obviously found his niche in Hollywood as ‘that hilarious guy’ who says and does outlandishly crazy things.

Surprisingly enough, the Rock made me roar with laughter just as much, if not more, than Scott’s character. In my opinion, this film clinches the Rock’s place as a true action star. His outstanding comedic timing, combined with crazy battle scenes were definitely the factors that signed this man’s paycheck. This is the first film I have seen The Rock in that I would actually consider buying when it comes out on DVD. Not saying that “The Scorpion King” was a bad movie, it was just not what I would call “DVD worthy”.

Another truly comedic factor to this film was the addition of Christopher Walken – here is a man who can truly play anything! His character is generally your stereotypical villain who desires money and power. However, there is just something about Christopher Walken that makes each character he plays unique in its own way.

The film itself is a refreshing relief to the constant flow of drama and horror films that have been ruling the screen this summer. “The Rundown” was the perfect action comedy film to kick off the fall film season.