Fans await the release of the new “Star Wars” movie, hoping it will be worth the anticipation

It has been three years since Disney announced that they would be making “Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens.” Now, the wait is almost over, and the film will debut in theatres on Dec. 18.
Fans of the series are gearing up for the premier. However, some are worried that there might be too much hype surrounding the film. Business administration major Brian Bergey, 21, from Philadelphia, stated, “I’ve been trying to keep my ears plugged for the past few months to avoid spoiling stuff.”
Bergey went on to say, “I think the film is going to be really good, but I don’t want to make my expectations unrealistic.”
Bergey motioned his hand above his head and continued, “Fans of things like these always have their expectations way up here, but then are disappointed when the film only meets them here – even if it’s still a really great film.”
Bergey stated, “It looks like they’re using some of the same tactics that they did originally to draw interest. That cool-looking cross-guarded lightsaber is similar to when they debuted Darth Mauls double-bladed lightsaber in Episode I.”
Brad Irvine, 19 of Holland, studying biology stated, “I’ve probably seen every Star Wars film at least 50 times. I just hope I can trust Disney to not screw this one up. I’ve been waiting so long for this film. It’s going to be the best film of our generation, especially with the old cast returning.”
The film will take place 30 years after Star Wars Episode VI, and will feature returning characters such as [Jedi Master] Luke Skywalker, Leia, and Han Solo. Making their debut with these veteran characters are new rising actors John Boyega and Daisy Ridley, who have been in various works as early as 2011.
Jarel Hallett, age 20 undecided major from Yardley stated, “I loved the original trilogy. A big cast like Liam Neeson, Ewan McGregor, and Samuel L. Jackson got me pumped for the new trilogy when I was a kid; it still didn’t top the originals, though.”
Hallett continued, “I’m thinking that this will be one of, if not the best Star Wars film, though. Star Trek was amazing, and J.J. will do the franchise justice.”
For those who don’t know, J.J. Abrams directed and produced the reboot of the Star Trek franchise, featuring Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto as Kirk and Spock. Abrams was called to direct Star Wars Episode VII, which for the first time is being backed by Disney.
The film has some box office competition being that the highly anticipated “Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice” film will be released around the same time.
Hallett stated, “It’s going to be a close call. I think I’m going to give it to Star Wars for the win, though.”