The Doylestown Inn: There’s Still a Stove Inn the Stove and Still

The Doylestown Inn and Hattery Stove and Still are truly a glimpse into the past of historic Doylestown. As you take a peek into its bright, open windows you will see a lit tree covered in hats. Now is the name starting to make more sense?
Inside its doors lies a quaint 11-guest room boutique hotel, with a unique and cozy restaurant and bar. Its menu states that it “combines modern-American comfort food with the casual warmth of an American Tavern.”
Located at 18 West State Street in the heart of Doylestown, its history is no secret. Originally constructed in 1871 as three separate buildings, it was connected out of two of them to create a small hotel servicing the public in the early 20th century. During an expansion in 1937, the third building was connected, and has housed a multitude of businesses since.
The inn has a wall with shelves as high as the ceiling, quite literally, that are covered in vintage suitcases. It also has all sorts of antiques, from a large icebox to a phone booth no longer in service. This is just the beginning of this interesting spectacle.
Its rooms were renovated in 2014 and shine with their own sense of unique character. It also has a working banquet room on the second floor for anything from weddings to private parties and events.
The Hattery is covered in antique, vintage style hats to com
memorate its past as a hat shop; hence, the name. It also had a past life as a cigar shop and even a speakeasy during the Prohibition. The Hattery now serves brunch, lunch, dinner, and a late night menu every day of the week.
Chelsea Marrazzo, service manager at the Hattery, spoke about their new fall/winter menu. “I like the term ‘vintage classics,’” she said. “We have seasonal cocktails we just introduced, one of which includes the ‘Winter Warmer;’ a warm cider with buttered rum.”
Marrazzo really enjoys working at The Hattery. “I’ve been working here nine months and I absolutely love working here,” she said.
The Hattery stays in touch with its community by hosting, what they call monthly “Burger Benefits.” November’s fundraiser will be for #CorrineStrong, to support a local 13-year-old girl and her
family as she battles a type of bone cancer, called osteosarcoma. The charity event will be pay-as-you-please for six different menu items. Specifically, they are serving ribs at this event as they are the girl’s favorite food.
Imagine bringing family and friends to town and having them stay in a place that gives its surroundings all the more charm. Or simply having a night on the town, taking in the live music exhibited every weekend, while munching on delicious seasonal foods.
In addition to impressing your friends and family, you can support a great cause by attending their monthly “pay what you want” benefits. They host a variety of different options for food, fun, and entertainment to fit just about anyone’s personality.