Grammy Award Winning Musician, John Scofield performs at Bucks

With over 22 shows, including a world renowned Grammy winning guitarist and an off- Broadway one-woman act, the Zlock Performing Arts Center is hosting something for everyone at Bucks this season.
Among the many shows coming to Bucks this season is musician John Scofield, coming to the Performing Arts stage on February 9th at 7:30 PM. Scofield won the Grammy award for best instrumental jazz album in 2016.
“This concert is a rare treat for BCCC to host a world renowned Grammy winning guitarist in concert,” notes Peter Chiovarou, director of community programming and college events as well as a fellow musician. “He has played with the best of the best in the music world, notably Trumpeter Mile Davis.”
Qurrat Ann Kadwani, the first South Asian woman to have a solo play produced off Broadway will perform in “They Call Me Q,” a one- woman show including 13 characters and an immigrant’s journey to self-identification. The show will make its appearance on March 23rd at 7:30 PM, marking the first time an off- Broadway act visits Bucks’.
Students and community members have access to a wide variety of shows including The Music Series held on the first Thursday of each month, Movie Mondays on the last Monday of the month; the Speaker Series on the third Thursday of every month; Radio Bux concerts; the Bucks jazz orchestra and Spring Awakening; and a play performance by the drama club in May. All shows, excluding the John Scofield concert, are FREE of charge to Bucks students.
Every show coming this season is new to Bucks and “All the shows here are thoughtfully planned to reach out and connect with all students and community members,” stated Chiovarou, “Live entertainment brings educational, enriching and entertaining experiences into a person’s life.” Chiovarou maintains a continuously refreshed stage with no single act returning this year, making each act a brand new experience for Bucks’.
Students are welcome and encouraged to get involved further with the Performing Arts Center as it offers jobs to volunteers and work-study eligible students, as well as spaces for clubs to host refreshment tables at shows to raise money for their group. Students who want to get on the stage can look into joining the Drama Club, Bux Radio; The Music Society; The National Society of Leadership and Success; and Student government; all of which use the Performing Arts Stage at Bucks’.
For a full schedule of performances and more information students and community members can visit the Performing Arts Website at www.bucks.edu/live where they will find a full calendar of upcoming events with detailed descriptions. You may also contact Chiovarou, the director of programming and college events at [email protected]. Be sure to sign up for email notifications about events coming up so you don’t miss out!