Students offer opinions on new XBOX One X

Scheduled for Nov 7, Microsoft and Xbox will be unveiling their newest and most powerful console – the “Xbox One X”, and a good portion of Bucks game-dedicated students have their own opinions on the matter.

This new, upgraded console will be retailing at $499 and is said to be the ultimate power house for true 4K gaming, yet it is apparent that there are some mixed emotions over this new product.

Computer science major Tom Hoelzle stated, “it’s not like it’s the same as that first jump from the 360 to the Xbox One. Those consoles weren’t even able to communicate with each other. Everyone had to get on that or they’d be left behind. The One X is basically the same as the One, just with a few upgrades.”

Reportedly, some of these upgrades include 40 percent more processing power than any other console, as well as 60 percent more memory, making this new console smarter and quicker alongside full backwards compatible with the Xbox 360 and original Xbox.

After hearing from exercise science major Chris Alker, it was found that some students are very excited for this new release.

Alker stated, “I can’t wait for the new release. The quicker loading times will be nothing but satisfying and I can’t wait to see what the games are going to look like on my new 4K TV. If you’re willing to put the money out, it’s definitely worth upgrading to.”

Equal excitement exists for some of the new game titles to come out this year as well. Psychology major Sammy Rosa told us, “I’m most excited for the new Call of Duty:

World War II to come out… Specifically for the new Zombies.”

Along with the new Call of Duty, some students are excited for games like Battle Front 2, Destiny 2, NBA/NHL 2K18, and Forza 7 which is a new Xbox exclusive game.

If your budget does allow for it, then upgrading to the Xbox One X is the best move for those who want to take their gaming to the next level and want to experience what true 4K gaming is all about.