“The Amazing Max” Mystifies Bucks Again

The use of sorcery won the hearts of families at “The Amazing Max” show.

The show being based in New York City created a lighthearted combination of magic and comedy. Max Darwin’s tactics of telling jokes geared toward parents and visual and interactive storytelling for the children, made it all the more mesmerizing. The wonder and excitement in the eyes of every child was apparent, as they climbed on stage to be featured in magic tricks with “The Amazing Max.”

Beginning at a young age, Max Darwin learned the art of entertainment and magic through travelling around the world with his parents, who were professional street performers. Throughout this time, he created a persona for himself that would later be recognized as one of the most talked about magicians in the country, guest starring on TV networks such as National Geographic, Nickelodeon, and appearing in national TV commercials that would be watched by millions.

In 2011, he started the show, “The Amazing Max and The Box of Interesting Things,” which has been played off Broadway and all around the country in local communities. “The Amazing Max” teaches children how to use magic and amuse others with every day household items such as cards and rings.

“The Amazing Max” was welcomed to Bucks by the Bucks’ Drama Club. The amount of people present at the event, showed the Drama Club the power “The Amazing Max” had on the local community. “It created a bonding experience and made others closer with their friends and families,” said Derek Esplen, 22, Drama Club Treasurer and music major from New Hope.

As both “The Amazing Max” and the Drama Club have performed many times before, they both know the connection established with the audience. Performing teaches the universal principles of self-expression, self-knowledge, and creativity to those on stage and in the audience.

“Bringing people together is the best part,” said Gia Folino, 19, Drama Club President and music major from Bensalem. People from all different walks of life come together to be entertained. The most amazing part is that theatre is a worldwide presentation that celebrates all different cultures and traditions.

A show like “The Amazing Max” not only brings happiness and laughter to Bucks County, but also brings together children and families all across the nation.