Will Summer Blockbusters Live Up To the Hype?

Matthew Aquino

There’s nothing like attending a movie and seeing the trailers to those summer blockbusters that look so good that you want them to premiere a week later.

There’s a vast number of movies premiering in the upcoming months that have people excited and talking. Marvel will premiere its biggest superhero movie yet when Avengers: Infinity War hits theatres on April 27.

Avengers: Infinity War will host an amazing cast of popular actors including Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, and Chadwick Boseman who recently starred in the movie Black Panther. The movie Black Panther was released in Feb. and it did great in the box office. Avengers is poised to do well and maybe even break records.

Mimi Gonzalez, 23 and nursing major at Bucks said “I’m only excited for Avengers: Infinity War and that’s about it, I like the avenger’s movies and the marvel community as a whole.” Kris Karibandi also 23 an English major added “I’m really looking forward to seeing Avengers: Infinity war.

“I’ve seen all the marvel films leading up to it and am really looking forward to seeing all these heroes in one movie. I am also looking forward to watching Incredibles 2. I really enjoyed the first film. Also, Pixar movies are always great and never fail to make me feel like a kid again.”

Marvel is not releasing just one summer blockbuster but they are releasing two! On May 18th Deadpool 2 is premiering in theatres. Deadpool was a widely successful movie and the sequel has been anticipated by many. Shannon Lee, 19 an education major is very excited for Deadpool 2 and stated “I want to see Deadpool 2 because the first movie was hilarious and action packed and breaks the fourth wall.”

Not only was she excited for Deadpool 2 but she was excited for the new Star Wars Movie. Solo: A Star Wars Story follows Han Solo one of the main characters in the original Star Wars movie and chronicles his adventures with his notorious sidekick Chewbacca. The movie premieres on May 25th. Lee said “I want to see the movie simply because I love Star Wars so much and I’m excited to see the back story of Han solo and his adventures with chewie.”

Not only superheroes premiere in the summer though there is usually a horror summer blockbuster that premieres. Back in 2013 The Conjuring a movie about a family that was haunted by an evil spirit premiered in July and had massive success. Erick Arndt, 21 a Business major explained “This year I truly think the horror summer blockbuster will be the movie Hereditary, I’m looking forward to it because it looks interesting and I think most scary movies must have a good concept behind them.”

Although lots of people have a movie they are dying to see that certainly isn’t always the case. Eddie Leonardo a film production major at Bucks said “I would definitely like to see avengers but the movies just are to expensive nowadays and ill just wait till it comes out on DVD, I am perfectly content with my Netflix.”

This summer is sure to be entertaining as long as the summer blockbusters live up to the hype.

• Will Summer Blockbusters Live Up To the Hype?

Top Stories

Bucks Student is Arrested for Making Threat

Bucks shut down due to threats

Bucks Student Hunger on the Rise, a New Survey Confirms

Bucks Student Involvement Fair Returns With a New Name and a New Location

Democratic Candidate Scott Wallace on Climate Change, Gun Control and More

Sports

Gearing Up for the Upcoming Soccer Season

Chef Apprenticeship Program Offers Worthwhile Experience Plus a Degree!

Sports

Bucks Cross Country Team Seeks New Members

A Sitdown with Bucks President Stephanie Shanblatt

Bucks Journalism Forum Talks Viral Videos, Jobs In The Field