Are you business savvy? Join the Bucks Business Association

The Bucks Business Association (BBA) is a long-running organization here at Bucks which aims to educate about marketing, finance, and management while providing students with professional development.
The club helps many further their professional skills and abilities. BBA is targeted at business majors but anyone is welcome to join. With such a large percentage of business-related majors at Bucks, it cannot be overstated how such an organization can benefit the student population. President of the BBA, Lia Messer, a business administration major, says it’s “a great opportunity to learn a lot and to interact with so many different types of people.”
Not only does the BBA seek to educate and develop their members, but they also have a heavy focus on giving back to the community. Messer exclaims that “we do try to give back to the community as much as possible.” The organization is routinely involved with bake sales and other charitable events to raise money to benefit the community.
The club does cover business topics, however the meetings are full of entertainment. Messer says that the club is “very open” and “a lot of fun.” With any club you’ll always find ways to have fun regardless of subject matter, however, the BBA can benefit all students on a deeper level. We live in a corporate world in which many diverse businesses are everywhere you go. It is important to understand how our world works in a business sense, and beyond that, gaining both experience and knowledge which can be applied outside of business practices.
Messer added that by being a member of the BBA she learned “better communication skills, how to be more confident, and how to manage her time.”
This spring semester, the BBA is holding their annual Business Etiquette and Networking Dinner in April, along with a Networking Mocktail Hour.
The Bucks Business Association is a place for all people, regardless of major or interests, to come together to learn and discuss all things pertaining to business and to learn from real professionals. For those new to the subject, it is an open place to gain knowledge and understanding of our ever rapidly changing business world.
The BBA will hold their spring semester meetings every Thursday from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. in Rollins room 115 with free pizza included, new members are welcomed!