Three Cup Peach Cobbler Recipe

Sarah Zawodniak

After winning a second place ribbon at the 1996 Peach Festival in Morrisville by my own mother, Margaret Zawodniak, this scrumptious peach cobbler is a home-run for people of all ages and will be sure to capture complements.

Baking a home cooked sweet treat is difficult enough, it feels like people have gotten into the habit of using a box to create their brownies, cakes, and cookies.

This easy, simple recipe will allow you to take a break from ordinary desserts and into a traditional, delicious, comfort food from the South. The secret to this flavorful cuisine is its extra amount of vanilla.

The ingredients needed to create this mouthwatering dish is one cup sugar, one cup flour, one cup milk, one stick of butter, one teaspoon of baking powder, one tablespoon of vanilla, and finally the peaches. Make sure to preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

You can use a large can of peaches for this recipe but if you would prefer to cook your own you may. Preparing your own fruit means that you should use six to eight peaches and simmer them in a separate pan with a half cup of water and sugar (for taste) until they are tender.

First, you’re going to want to melt that whole stick of butter either by heating it up separately and pouring it into your baking pan or melting it in the cooking dish by sticking it in the oven.

Next, mix your sugar, flour, milk, baking powder, and vanilla together in a different bowl. The color of the batter should appear tan because of the vanilla.

Pour the mixture into the pan that has the melted butter in it already in a crisscross motion, ensuring that the butter is spread evenly into the pan.

After your batter is successfully in your pan, the next step is to add your peaches!

You can use either whole or sliced peaches but the taste is the same. Using a slotted spoon (a spoon with holes in it) take your peaches and place them all around the batter until they are everywhere. There is no need to stir the cobbler.

Voilà! Your peach cobbler is ready to go into the oven to be cooked for 25-30 minutes.

Once taken out of the oven, you can serve it hot or you may cool it if you wish. However, the dessert is best served hot with a side of vanilla ice cream.

The three-cup cobbler is an old-fashioned delight that is a timeless recipe. The story behind this dish’s name is because back in the olden days, three cups of different ingredients was an easy recipe to remember.

Another great thing about this food is that you can switch out the peaches, for a different canned or cooked fruit if you want. Once you have cooked up this dish, it won’t be out for long since people will gobble it right up.

• Three Cup Peach Cobbler Recipe

The Right To Free Speech Protects Our Rights, Too

• Three Cup Peach Cobbler Recipe

Sports

They Finally Did It! Students React to Eagles’ Super Bowl Championship

• Three Cup Peach Cobbler Recipe

Sports

Eagles Pep Rally Held at Bucks

• Three Cup Peach Cobbler Recipe

Worldwide Marches Show Path For Feminism

• Three Cup Peach Cobbler Recipe

Doylestown Rises Against Trump & Sexism as 1000+ Women & Students March on Courthouse

• Three Cup Peach Cobbler Recipe

Arts and Entertainment

“The Post” is a Timely Film on Secret Files, Feminism, and Free Speech

• Arts and Entertainment

Bucks Students Favorite V-Day Rom-Coms

• Three Cup Peach Cobbler Recipe

Domestic Violence A Haunting Concern For Local Judge

• Three Cup Peach Cobbler Recipe

Around Bucks County

Cyber Ready? Bucks Law Enforcement, Schools & Local Governments Gear Up Against Online Threats

• Three Cup Peach Cobbler Recipe

Zlock First Amendment Forum Raises Questions Over Protests

Three Cup Peach Cobbler Recipe