Where do you get your news?

With the advent of the internet and the ever growing world of technology, news conglomerates capitalize the modern era by using websites to further their publication.
The youth of today, if inclined will ignore the run-of-the-mill news broadcasts and actively search various website publications.
Instant gratification is essential in times like these. Faster is better.
Smart phones made information easily obtainable by the simple touch of a button. News organizations have started making applications so the user can instantly browse shortened content of what is offered on their home site. It is quick, easy, and informative.
Lauren Davis, 24, a journalism major from Levittown, said “I mainly use the internet when looking for news updates. I have an NPR application on my iPhone.”
Colin O’Donnell, 31, a biology major from Langhorne said “I get my news from Internet news aggregates including Reddit.com, because it is easy to search and it is informative and un-biased.”
It is safe to say that with this generation, news and information is obtained mostly through technological mediums. Still, some students prefer older methods like reading an actual, physical newspaper.
Michael L. McNellis, 24, a liberal arts major from Levittown said “I get my news from CNN and I also read the Bucks County Courier Times. I have a subscription to Time Magazine and I also read the Trentonian for a laugh. It is good to be well informed and have your information spread out. I don’t like using the internet.”
Some students don’t bother with checking up on news, because they know someone will post something on social networking sites like Facebook, and it will appear in their news feed.
Bridget Thomas, 22, a psychology major from Bensalem, said “Usually I just wait to see something pop up in my news feed [on Facebook]. I don’t like to read the news because most of it is depressing. With Facebook, I let someone else who has the desire to look up the information to share it.”
It seems that in this day and age, newspapers and even news reporters are slowly fading. Newspapers take time and effort and dry, ink-stained thumbs are becoming a thing of the past. Now it’s carpal tunnel and ocular discomfort that are taking its place.
The television news networks are also taking a hit. Young students don’t watch their local news, but instead watch satiric shows like “The Daily Show” and “The Colbert Report.”
Times are changing and actual newspapers may be on their way out, but the important thing is that there is an insurmountable amount of news mediums that one could access with rapidly and with ease.