Missing woman’s body found

The death of Lindsey Piccone, a woman who went missing in Tyler State Park, was ruled as suicide after her skeletal remains were discovered on Nov. 1.
According to the Newtown Patch, a park staff member discovered the body while clearing out vegetation. The death has been ruled a suicide by Pennsylvania State Police.
Although the identity of the body was not disclosed at the time of the discovery, upon further investigation and examination of the body, it was determined to be Piccone based on dental records.
21-year-old Piccone, a Bensalem native, was reported missing on Sept. 6, when her car was discovered at Tyler State Park. Her disappearance was heavily reported around Bucks County, and missing flyers were posted across campus.
The park was searched multiple times following her disappearance. Additional help was provided by police departments from Bensalem, Newtown, Northampton and Philadelphia.
Pennsylvania State Police also took part in the investigation. So did the Northampton Fire Co., the Newtown Fire Assoc., Trevose Fire Co., the Newtown Ambulance Squad, and at least two K-9 search and rescue teams.
Piccone’s family made publics pleas for her to come home, including an emotional video posted six weeks after her disappearance by the Bucks County News Feed.
The video quickly went viral, gaining over 700,000 views in just 24 hours. Lindsey’s mother, Jeanette Piccone, made a tearful plea for her to contact them or come home. She begged for anyone withholding information to come forward.
In the video, Piccone’s cousin, Heather Andrew, described her as “a normal 21 year old girl… she worked at a daycare, she adores children, and loves spending time with her family and friends.”
Andrews said that Piccone’s disappearance was very irrational and spontaneous. She had left a very vague note that didn’t have any implications of a permanent goodbye.
The family offered a reward for anyone who came forward with information on Piccone’s whereabouts. Unfortunately, until this recent discovery, no further information came to light.
An obituary was published in the Bucks County Courier Times a week after Piccone’s body was found, declaring her death date as the day she went missing, Sept. 6.
She will be survived by her parents, Jeanette and Paul, as well as her brother and nephew, and two dogs. She has been described as loving the outdoors, and always putting her family and friends first.
Relatives and friends were invited to attend a visitation at Tomlinson Funeral Home in Bensalem, on Nov. 10, followed by a memorial service. Piccone’s family asked for memorials in her name to be made out to the Women’s Humane Society in lieu of flowers.
Despite the closure that is now provided to Piccone’s family, friends and relatives they will still mourn a life taken too soon.