Bucks revels in Super Bowl 49

Even though weeks have passed since the Seattle Seahawks and New England Patriots faced off in Super Bowl 49, Bucks students cannot stop talking about the Patriots’ remarkable win.

After a commotion filled two weeks leading up to the game with non-stop talk of “deflated balls”, it seemed as if all eyes were on the Patriots.

“I was worried that with all the attention and criticism on the Pats that they were just going to come out strong and blow the Seahawks out.” said 22 year-old criminal justice major, John Pinto, from Southampton. “I just didn’t want it to be a boring game like last year,” He added.

Luckily for football fans everywhere, Super Bowl 49 did not disappoint.

The real action started late in the third quarter when Seattle broke the 14-all tie by putting 10 points on the board to make the score 24-14.

Then, eight minutes into the fourth quarter New England answered with a touchdown; and then another after that, making the score 28-24 with a little over two minutes left in the game. That’s when the field burst into chaos.

Seattle had the ball with one minute and 14 seconds left in the fourth quarter when their quarterback Russell Wilson made a 33 yard throw to Jermaine Kearse. Amazingly Kearse made the catch and fell to ground to keep his team’s Super Bowl chances alive.

“When you see something like that you just have to think that the Seahawks were meant to win this game. I mean it was just awesome!” said Caitlin Raub, 26, psychology major from Langhorne.

Unfortunately for Kearse and the Seahawks that play will not be the one remembered from Super Bowl 49. That honor goes to New England rookie, Malcolm Butler

With only 26 seconds left to play and the Seahawks at the one yard line, after Marshawn Lynch rushed for four yards, Wilson took the snap and threw the ball over the middle of the field, intending to hit Ricardo Lockette. Instead he hit New England’s Malcolm Butler, who intercepted the ball, locking in New England’s fourth Super Bowl victory in 14 years.

“If you’re going to throw at all in that situation you can’t throw over the middle. You have to throw outside so it’s either caught or out of bounds, no harm done, ya know? I don’t know I just don’t get it.” Brian Kaelin, 19, business major from Warminster said while shaking his head.

Many fans on the Bucks campus agreed with Kaelin, along with many fans around the world. Fans took to Twitter calling for Seattle Seahawk’s Head Coach Pete Carol’s head. They also took to Twitter and the Buck’s campus discussing if the Patriots can now be called a dynasty.

“No, I don’t think it’s a dynasty because they won their championships too far apart, but I do think you can say that Belichick and Brady are the best coach and quarterback tandem in NFL history.” Pinto said.

All in all Bucks students seemed to be very happy with Super Bowl 49. Frankie Benjamin, 20, criminal justice major from New Jersey said, “It was exciting to watch just as a fan of football. The game had a little bit of everything.”

Just like most of America, Bucks students are already looking forward to Super Bowl 50.