Fans have high hopes for the Eagles this season

At the finale of the NFL preseason the Philadelphia Eagles ended with a 24-18 loss to the New York Jets. Though they lost, expectations are high in this upcoming season for the Birds.
With a 3-1 record in the preseason the Eagles did fairly well, blowing teams like the Green Bay Packers out of the water 39-26, the Baltimore Ravens 40-17, and the Indianapolis Colts 36-10.
The offense is looking great with a healthy amount of threats in the lineup. Having four solid threats from the backfield on offense with guys like Demarco Murray, Ryan Matthews and Darren Sproles.
Really, the only questionable spot is the quarterback position; with Sam Bradford having a history of knee issues, and Mark Sanchez struggling to win games last season. Recently acquired, Stephen Morris, has two-and-a-half years under his belt as a starter in the NFL, so could he be the guy?
Eric Ervin, 18, from Holland, thinks they’ll improve, “I think they will at least be better than last year and hopefully make a playoff run.”
Pat McGowan, 18, from Churchville, also seems to think they’ll do well stating confidently that “they will win the NFC East this season.”
The big question this year is Bradford- can he really stay healthy? Matt Stewart, 18, from Churchville said, “If Bradford stays healthy I think he can have a positive impact.”
If Bradford does fail to stay healthy, the issue will be who the back-up quarterback will be. Dan Buchnik, 18, from Richboro seems to think that Sanchez is the guy, stating “Bradford may not be as important as Sanchez is to the team but only time will tell.”
Pat McGowan, 18, from Churchville, stated, “The X-Factor this season is definitely going to be the defense.” We’ve shown that we can put up big numbers on offense, now the issue is defense.
With the way our offense is set up, they basically march down the field rapidly. This means that the defense is on the field for much longer throughout the game, so we’ve got to be able to get stops more consistently.
The Eagles were last in the NFL in time of possession last season, with only 26 minutes and 40 seconds on the field. Their secondary last season was the worst aspect to the team; the team’s starting cornerbacks had 19 penalties and the defense had 58. Cary Williams and Bradley Fletcher alone allowed more than 1,800 passing yards and 14 touchdowns.
Eric also added that “The X-Factor is building a stronger defense.” The Eagles could be legitimate Super Bowl contenders in the 2015 season if they improve on their negative aspects from last season.
With a loss to the Atlanta Falcons in their season opener, they head to Philadelphia to play the Dallas Cowboys Sunday night. With Dallas losing key Wide Reciever Dez Bryant, the Eagles
secondary may have a chance to rebound.