Men’s golf comes in first place at the Bucks Invitational

The BCCC men’s golf team is off to a great start in their spring season with a first place finish in the Bucks Invitational at Five Ponds golf course.
In only their second match of the spring season, our men’s golf team hosted seven different schools at the colleges very own invitational.
The invitational is decided by stroke play; this means that each school adds their best four scores from their four best players to determine a team winner.
The Centurions difference between the second place finishers, Delaware, was eight strokes.
Their final tally was 324, Delaware finished with 332, and the third place finishers, Harrisburg, tallied a 335.
Head Coach, Scott Bradshaw, spoke on the team’s victory saying, “It’s a total team victory, and it takes four good scores to win.”
Three of those fours scores came from Kyle Henofer, Shane Mcintyre, and Cody Sterner. Bradshaw spoke on their behalf, “they’re one, two and three for us so far. They are all great players who not only perform well as golfers but are excellent students.”
Kyle Henofer shared medalist honors with Joe Hurn of Lackawanna for carding the lowest scores of the tournament, a 75 each.
As for the rest of their season, “I feel we will do well based on what I have seen in practice and our two matches so far. I’ll know more in the next two weeks.”
The following weeks for the Centurions brought the Lehigh Carbon Invitational on April 15 that they placed in 5.
“I know other teams will get better. We need to be consistent, which is difficult playing on courses we don’t know,” said Bradshaw.
However, It was an extremly close match; only 11 strokes seperated the first and last place teams.
Also, on April 19 the team participated in the Northampton Invitational and their finish was unknown at the time this article was sent to press.
Next up for the Centurions is their Reginal Qualifier on April 25 to decide if they will make it in the Regional Championship.
As always it is encouraged that you come out and support your Centurions as they work towards the Regional Championship.