Will Wentz & a New Offense Arsenal Allow Eagles to Dominate NFL 2017?

Carson Wentz and the Philadelphia Eagles come into this season with high hopes as the young quarterback enters year two in the NFL, after coming of a disappointing 7-9 season just a year ago.
Wentz put together an impressive 3,782 passing yards and 16 passing touchdowns last season with very little help from the rest of his offense.
Philadelphia was riddled with dropped passes, ill-advised fumbles, and controversial coaching strategies that cost the Eagles a few games and possibly a playoff berth last season.
Head Coach Doug Pederson, also entering season two with the Eagles, has assured fans that he has seen improvement in Wentz’s development in becoming one of the NFL’s elite quarterbacks.
Although the Eagles finished last in the NFC East a year ago, expectations are high as Wentz and his new high-powered offense enter year two.
This offseason the Eagles worked on improving the arsenal around Wentz, by signing Alshon Jeffery and Torrey Smith.
Philly also added depth by signing guard Chance Warmack, and running back LeGarrette Blount.
In addition to their free agent signings the birds also completed a trade with the Buffalo Bills sending Wentz’s favorite target Jordan Matthews to Buffalo for corner back Ronald Darby.
Although losing Matthews hurts the Eagles, Darby should prove to be a solid option at corner back to help lockdown the opponent’s top receiver.
Hannah LoRusso, age 19, an Early Childhood Education major from Quakertown, PA has high hopes for her Eagles.
When asked what Wentz Eagles need to do this season, her response was simple, “Win now.” Hannah continued to add, “The Eagles have been an average team for too long, and it’s time to make the leap from average to good.”
Eagles fans all over feel that after years of being average, it is finally time for the Eagles to emerge as a team to be feared.
Philly has one game in the books already this season as they went down to Washington D.C. to take on the division rival Washington Redskins.
The Eagles went into the game having lost the last five games to the Redskins and despite history, Carson Wentz went on to throw for 307 yards and two touchdowns as the Eagles picked up the win to start the season with a win.
Aside from Carson Wentz’s impressive play, the defense came up big in the fourth quarter by adding a key interception in the red zone by Jalen Mills to prevent the Redskins from taking the lead.
If week one is any indicator, Eagles fans should be excited about their team as they head into week two to take on former head coach Andy Reid and the Kansas City Chiefs.