New Gaming Club

“Checkmate!”

That’s what members of the new Table-Top Gaming Club hope to say frequently during this semester.

Andrew Hay, a 20-year-old liberal arts major from Newtown and John Bush, a 21-year-old film major from Warminister founded the club. They hope the club will “provide a friendly place to play games and meet new people.”

The club plans to begin with chess, checkers, Monopoly, and Risk.

“We’re not tied down to just those four games,” Hay said. “We’ll leave it up to club members to decide which games will be played.”

This is not the first gaming club at Bucks, but all of the previous incarnations have failed to garner enough interest to stay afloat. Bush believes this one will stick around.

“I hope to keep the club going throughout this current school, then pass the leadership role to someone else next year,” Bush said. “We will designate a vice-president, [who] will be around next year, so the club will continue on.”

If you would like to engage in an intense chess match, a casual game of checkers, send a friend to jail without passing go, or dominating the world in a game of Risk, then keep your eyes and ears open for more details about the Table-Top Gaming Club.

If you have an idea for a club that you feel would be beneficial to the college, as well as to your fellow students, stop by the Student Life office in the Rollins Center. Call Patty Dilenna at 215-968-8162 for more information.