CN8’s Lynn Doyle Hosts a “Day for All Women”

CN8s Lynn Doyle Hosts a Day for All Women

Bucks welcomed CN8’s Lynn Doyle as keynote speaker at the 22nd annual “Day for All Women” on October 16.

Lynn Doyle delivered the keynote address, “Empowering Ourselves through Media Role Models.” Doyle, an award winning journalist, is the host and executive producer of Comcast CN8’s talk show, “It’s Your Call, with Lynn Doyle.”

With over 24 years of television experience, she is also the political director on CN8. In 2002, Doyle’s show won the Mid-Atlantic Emmy Award for “Outstanding Talk Series.” She is also the founder and president of LDTV Inc., a television production company which develops advertising, programming and video communications to different clients. In addition to working with Comcast, Doyle has worked with networks such as FOX NEWS, CNBC and QVC. Her work has been recognized with Telly, Emmy and Beacon Awards.

Co-hosted by the Bucks County Commissioners’ Advisory for Women and the Bucks County Community College, the “Day for All Women” has been going on for 22 years, with last years attendance at 400.

The mission of this conference is the empowerment of women and the allow them to access opportunities for full development of their potential. They do this through a shared community, enrichment of meaningful participation and dialogue and awareness of resources. Participants attended three 90 minute long workshops which were selected from nearly five dozen topics. Topics ranged from Feng Shui in the workplace to eating disorders.

“Each year we try to add workshops that are suggested by participants. For example, this year we’ve added [topics] like menopause, parenting of teenagers, alcohol and drug addiction, fashion, and skin care, because of last year’s responses,” said Natalie Kaye, the conference co-coordinator and advisory council co-chair in a recent press release.

“[The conference] really is a gift to give women,” said Kaye. “When do women really have the opportunity to give themselves such a gift between obligations to family and community and career? Here they can have fun, they can learn, they can meet people, they can advance their careers.”

“Day for All Women” is on Saturday, October 16. Registration for this event cost $30 and included the keynote address by Lynn Doyle, lunch, and three workshops. Childcare was available for children ages 3 to 7 for an additional fee of $5 a child.