Bucks’ Lemon Club Wants You to Dance For a Cause

One of Bucks’ newest clubs is asking students to get down for a good cause. The Lemon Club, which started in the fall of last year, works to host events to benefit Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation, which funds childhood cancer research and hospital programs. And they’ll be hosting their first fundraiser this April: a 6-hour dance marathon.

If “dance marathon” sounds familiar to you, maybe you saw one on “Gilmore Girls”. Or maybe you’re familiar with THON, the hugely popular fundraiser at Penn State that not only brings in millions of dollars to the Four Diamonds Fund and Penn State Hershey Medical Center, but is also consistently listed as the top dance fundraiser by the likes of College Magazine and USA Today.

Thon was part of what inspired the club to ambitiously choose a dance marathon as their first event, according to Lemon Club president Nico Albertson. “The dance marathon has been planned since the very beginning. We want to bring a strong presence of community to our college. We are no different compared to a 4 year college academically, so why should our events be?”

Truly a dance marathon is not the typical fundraising event for a community college, but for the Lemon Club seems more than up to the task. Food and drinks are planned, as are door prizes. There are even shirts at the ready to be given out on a first come, first serve basis.

It is also clear that the Lemon Club believes in why they’re hosting the event. “My hope for this event is to make a difference,” Albertson said. “I want the people who come to the event to feel like they are making a difference, because they are.”

Students who’d like to attend this unique event can purchase tickets with cash any Tuesday or Thursday from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Lemon Club table next to the Gallagher Room. Students purchasing tickets with card can go to http://tickets.bucks.edu/first-annual-lemon-club-dance-marathon. The event will be Saturday, April 7, 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.

HYPERLINK “http://tickets.bucks.edu/first-annual-lemon-club-dance-marathon”