Bucks Is Fall-ing For Fall

As sad as it sounds, summer is officially over. The heat has bled into a humid, wet mess and fall leaves have hit the ground. But, with the season’s change, the students at Bucks couldn’t be more thrilled with the upcoming season change.

Many chalk up their excitement to the annual introduction of comfy sweaters, cozy blankets, and pumpkin spice everything.

“I am extremely excited about the change in weather to come,” says 19-year-old liberal arts student, Alyssa Adams. The Fairless Hills native also adds, “The best part about fall is the cool, breezy air, so you can throw on a comfy cardigan and enjoy not sweating!”

Stephanie Studley, 19, a biomedical engineering student from Levittown, has a similar outlook on the forthcoming change in weather, “Of course I am excited [for the fall weather], because I am tired of sweating,” she explains.

To stay warm in the chilly fall air, students will have to change up their wardrobe. “My overall favorite part about fall is the clothes and style,” Adams says. “Time to bring out the comfy sweaters, cute jackets, and boots!”

Dental hygiene student, Elizabeth Pena-Patino, 20, shares Adams’ excitement for fall fashion. “Wearing coats, scarves, and boots is one of my favorite aspects of fall,” she says.

Alongside the departure of warm weather, comes the emergence of an overall warm feeling according to 19-year old journalism student, Melissa Stewart. “My favorite part about fall is the energy people give off,” says Stewart. “There is a certain warmth in the air, and, all around, people are just warm as they prepare for the holidays.”

Halloween festivities are also a popular autumn activity for many Bucks students. Pena-Patino says, “My favorite thing to do in the fall is go on haunted hayrides.” Adams shares this sentiment, exclaiming, “I love the thrill of getting spooked by scary people dressed up in horrifying costumes and makeup.”

A popular haunted hayride spot in the Bucks County area is Shady Brook Farm’s Horrorfest. “I love going and drinking hot cocoa,” says Stewart.

Another farm activity frequented by Bucks students is pumpkin and apple picking. “Ever since I moved to Bucks County, it has always been a tradition to go apple and pumpkin picking at a local orchard,” says 19-year old psychology student, Abby Vitcov. “After we finish picking, we go home to bake apple treats and then carve pumpkins while they bake!” Vicoy said.

Speaking of pumpkins, Jennifer Moore, 22, a business and floral student, says that her favorite part of fall is “pumpkin everything!” Adams shares this excitement, saying, “The fall season is full of amazing things, and pumpkin flavored everything is one of them.”

Moore also enjoys the visual beauty of autumn, mentioning, “I love the look of campus in the fall.” Vitcov also appreciates the look of fall, saying, “My favorite part about fall is the scenery, the color change of the leaves, hay stacks in front of stores, and seeing people crowd around local places never fails to be pleasing to the eye.”

Studley also enjoys the vivid scenery fall has to offer. “Without a doubt, my favorite thing to do is walk,” she says. “The color change and different atmosphere is so beautiful.” Whether embracing the fall season by strolling near a lake or in the park, Studley says, “There is something so peaceful about being surrounded by it.”

Bucks students are determined to make the most of all that the Philadelphia area has to offer this fall season!