Meet the New 2019- 2020 Student Government Association President

Evan Brooks, the new 2019-2020 Student Government Association president has big plans for Bucks’ future.
Brooks’ main goal for the student body is to instill a lasting structure for future SGA members to learn from and continue to build. While Brooks is adjusting nicely to his new role, running in the SGA election was not always his plan.
“I originally took classes at the Upper Bucks Campus, where the SGA was unheard of. As one of those students, it’s not hard to feel like a ghost to those who are supposed to be representing you. I ran to make sure that every member of the Student Body was able to not only know they had a Student Government, but one that actually cared about them,” said Brooks.
Brooks is no stranger to school politics. During his high school years Brooks was vice president of his class. After graduating, Brooks was eager to extend his knowledge at Bucks.
“My main inspiration to run was that it was an opportunity to help my peers, give back to my school, and be of use wherever needed,” said Brooks.
Brooks plans on making Bucks a better place for students and staff.
“I will be working with both the students and faculty to hear their concerns and to have them addressed as efficiently as possible. Communication is also a huge tool that can be used to make Bucks a better place for everyone. I want to take Bucks from a last resort college pick to a first pick,” said Brooks.
Brooks would also like to make getting involved a fun and exciting experience for all students.
“Through communicating with clubs and organizations, more fun and useful events can be held, and the SGA can help the structures of their clubs to promote a fun yet professional environment,” explained Brooks.
Of course, Brooks would not be able to accomplish all of these future plans alone. He has the help of his Vice President Jasmine Ramos, Treasurer Hala Ayyash and Secretary Farah Bassyouny. With all of the ideas and excitement floating around in just the early weeks of the semester, it is no wonder why all of SGA’s current members were the chosen candidates during last semester’s election.
Meeting information:
SGA full board meetings are held every Tuesday at 12:30 p.m. during the fall and spring semesters at the Newtown Campus and are open to the public.
Meetings have been taking place in Grupp Hall in room 259 but meeting locations vary and will be announced a week prior to each meeting.
Students can get involved with the SGA by going to the Student Life desk in Rollins and ask about joining. Students are also encouraged to email current members of the SGA at [email protected].