Lou Pacchioli returns to Bucks

Former professional baseball player, Lou Pacchioli, has returned to his head coaching position at

Bucks, after a 10 year absence, to revive a struggling baseball program.

With no returning players from last year’s disappointing 1-14 season, there is no better time than

now for a revival. And who better to kick start the baseball program’s rebirth then Pacchioli.

“There are no returning players so it’ll be good to start new,” Pacchioli said.

Pacchioli oozes experience—having played high school baseball, division two baseball at East

Stroudsburg University, two years of professional baseball with the New York Mets, and countless seasons coaching.

He has already had major success at Bucks, which brought 15 championship titles to the college during his 29 years coaching. Pacchioli looks to bring that success and experience to this upcoming season.

“If things go right for the team, I think we’ll score a lot of runs. We might give up some because we don’t have pitching,” said Pacchioli.

Devin McDermott, 20-year-old catcher for the Centurions agreed saying, “There are kids on the team that can absolutely mash.”

Both Pacchioli and his players seem to agree that the team is a great group, “We all get along really well,” said Luke Hendricks, 19-year-old centerfielder for the Centurions.

When Daulton Brady, 20-year-old pitcher and outfielder for the Centurions, was asked if he could see Pacchioli’s experience shine through in his coaching, he said, “Oh yeah, he just throws all his knowledge at you. He’s always telling us stories.”

Something both Pacchioli and the players mentioned was the lack of players, which seems to be a problem for all of our teams here at Bucks.

“I took the job in November and I had like 70 kids come out, now not one of them is back here,” said Pacchioli.

He also added, “We have really good kids, we just don’t have the numbers. The good kids are here all the time working hard, but the kids that are border line…I have to pull teeth to get them here.”

The baseball team is still willing to take players. They practice every day from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. in the gym. Any interested students are welcome to stop in.

The men’s baseball season starts March 11, and as always students are encouraged to come out and show their support.