Forecast for Phillies looks gloomy

From the span of 2007 to 2011, the Philadelphia Phillies dominated the National League East division, even bringing home the World Series trophy in 2008. But, ever since an 81-81 season in 2012, the Phillies have never looked promising.
With yet another down year predicted ahead, Philadelphia fans are prepared.
“Maybe it’s going to come down to our general manager Ruben Amaro,” said Bucks student Nicholas Mackell, 18, from Southampton.
“I think by the trade deadline he will blow the team up and build for the future,” said Mackell.
After all that Amaro helped build after the 2008 season, it may be time for him to change the look of the Phillies for the better. But, that isn’t the case here according to Mackell, “He blew up our farm system just to get Roy Halladay and Cliff Lee … he has done nothing but blow opportunities and really hasn’t helped our future.”
Jimmy Haslett, 20, from Southampton, said he “respects what Ruben did years ago with the big signings like Halladay and Lee to try and get another ring but looking back on it, we got none from them and as Phillies fans that isn’t what we wanted to happen.”
Some others believe that Philadelphia is for sure going to have a down year, with Bucks student Mike Kane, 19, from Warminster saying that this upcoming season is going to be “awful.”
Also, Haslett predicted a 70 to 75 win season that is in the same range as the Phillies past two seasons, finishing in fourth and fifth place in the division.
Kane believes it has a lot to do with the younger players on the team, saying, “they’re getting used to playing in the MLB so they need some time to figure it out.”
Haslett and Kane both said they dislike the work of Amaro as general manager, and look forward to the future of this organization.
Or maybe some moves at the deadline will bolster our team and prepare us better for a possible playoff push.
“If the starters can get us to the 6th or 7th inning without too much damage consistently, we should do pretty well,” said Mackell.
That of course would come with offensive help as well.
“Howard playing to his potential would be spectacular and with the help of Chase Utley, I see no reason why we couldn’t have a chance of sneaking in the playoffs,” Mackell continued.
With Philadelphia being a huge sports town, hopefully the Phillies can pull off a winning season.