The Rodger Dodger

Many of us here at Bucks know Tony Rodgers as the journalism teacher, and as the advisor of the Centurion newspaper, however, his past has recently come into question.
For years now, he has claimed to have been a star reporter for many different publications but now, he wants to set the record straight and clear his conscience.
“Before becoming a reporter, I was a professional wrestler…” Rodgers said boldly.
“As much as I wanted to be a news reporter, I also wanted to get into the world of professional wrestling. After all, it’s just like begin a reporter…at least the traveling around part is…”
Rodgers made his wrestling debut as “Rodger Dodger” in the Bucks County World Wrestling Federation. From there, his career took off, and dispute what critics thought, he had a very successful wrestling career.
“A lot of people would take a double take of me and say “you’re really a wrestler?” and I’d tell them, “Yes, I am a professional wrestler!” Many also thought that I was going to get eaten up by the other wrestlers, but I proved them all wrong.”
“Rodger Dodger” took the wrestling world by storm, winning 12 titles, and begin involved in many underrated classics such as a 25-year iron man match with Abe Lincoln, a 300 man royal rumble in Sparta with special guest referee Julius Caesar, a Black Friday battle royal in a Walmart, and an arm wrestling match with Mr.T, all of which he won.
“I was kicking butt out there…literally my finishing move was a swift kick in the butt.”
Dispute all of this, Rodgers wanted to move on to bigger and better things.
“As much as I enjoyed begin a wrestler, I wanted to go back to my dream job of begin a reporter. It was my calling after all, and as I was wrestling I saw more and more people were becoming uniformed of the things that were happening around them.” Rodger said.
“Rodger Dodger” had his final match against Elvis Presley, who also was at one point his tag team partner. After the match, “Rodger Dodger” gave a speech telling fans that he’s glad he could have a chance to wrestle, but that he had to move on to become a reporter.
Many in the audience cheered on “Rodger Dodger” as he left the arena, and to this day Rodgers still remembers his days as a professional wrestler.
“Yeah, begin a reporter is cool and all, but it will never beat the days of jumping off the top rope onto some fool who was laying on the mat. Also, the pay was really good, and we got free pizza on Fridays. “
“Rodger Dodger” may not be well known today, but he will never be forgotten.