Get Spooked at Eastern State Penitentiary

Photo by M. Edlow for Visit Phil

Photo by M. Edlow for Visit Phil

Francis Klingenberg, Centurion Staff

As fall creeps in with thunderstorms and foggy depths, it signals the need to create some good plans for Halloween.
“Terror Behind the Walls” at the Eastern State Penitentiary on Fairmount Avenue in Philadelphia is a thrilling and frightful event that you ought to check out this season!
“Terror Behind the Walls” includes six attractions this year. All six aim to make the visitor decide if they really want to interact with the people of this haunted prison.
The Travel Channel calls it “One of America’s Scariest Halloween Attractions.”
The New York Times also calls this attraction “perfect for Halloween,” while Forbes names it #1 (haunted house) in the nation.
The attractions that are included in this year’s line-up are as follows: Lock Down, Machine Shop, Blood Yard, Infirmary, Quarantine: 4D, and Break Out.
“Lock Down” greets the visitors with Cellblock 12, which is said to be the most haunted region in the penitentiary. You will be greeted by raging zombies, murky fog, and long corridors to explore.
The “Machine Shop” is hidden in the penitentiary. It is a machine shop that tries to take the visitors and incorporate them into the prison, creating another mindless zombie.
“Blood Yard” opens with a path of bones with booming drums and voices. At the end of the path is a graveyard of bones and flesh.
The “Infirmary” is new for 2018, a cting as a highly interactive attraction. Visitors will be confronted by insane doctors and nurses whom are sharpening knives to use on unsuspecting people.
“Quarantine: 4D” is an out of this world experience where the visitor will experience an infectious disease that brings blurry vision, distorted depth perception, and other mind-altering effects. Only the bravest visitors will be challenged to face their worst fears in this attraction.
Finally, “Break Out” is the run for freedom. Zombie inmates swarm the undead guards and create a disorderly prison break. Will you be able to survive this chaotic break for the outside world as zombies use visitors in their attempts to escape?
All of the six attractions in “Terror Behind the Walls” features Hollywood-quality sets, animatronics, and custom-designed soundtracks.
“Terror Behind the Walls” does not allow its workers to touch visitors outright. If the visitor is wearing a special necklace, then the zombies and doctors of the penitentiary will be allowed to include you in their dastardly frights.
These six attractions will be available until Nov. 10. They are all included with admission, which starts at $19 but varies by night as Halloween approaches.
He continued to say, “If you get it (the special necklace), the actors are allowed to touch you and lead you down hallways by yourself for more scares.”
“Terror Behind the Walls” uses all proceeds it earns from sales to benefit the preservation of the Eastern State Penitentiary, a national historic landmark that has been around since 1829.
Make sure to grab your tickets before it’s all sold out! This is one haunted prison that you do not want to miss out on.
All the information about the attraction in this article uses information from press releases on the Eastern State Penitentiary’s website.

• Get Spooked at Eastern State Penitentiary

Around Bucks County

The Opioid Epidemic: It Starts With Us

Around Bucks County

Wallace and Fitzpatrick Hold Final Debate at Lower Bucks Campus

Top Stories

Bucks Student is Arrested for Making Threat

Bucks shut down due to threats

Bucks Student Hunger on the Rise, a New Survey Confirms

Bucks Student Involvement Fair Returns With a New Name and a New Location

Democratic Candidate Scott Wallace on Climate Change, Gun Control and More

Sports

Gearing Up for the Upcoming Soccer Season

Chef Apprenticeship Program Offers Worthwhile Experience Plus a Degree!

Sports

Bucks Cross Country Team Seeks New Members