Bucks improv group Deleted Scenes a hit

Deleted Scenes, who broke two records in one night at the Shakespeare Theatre and left the audience in a tearful and uncontrollable laughter, are just six Bucks students who just love having fun with improvisational comedy.
     An improv comedy team that consists of Rob Gentile, Kyle Reichart, Dave Piccinetti, Bobby Lang, Harrison Lichtner and Rob Caso were the ones responsible for it all.  They formed last year while studying improvisational performance under Bill McLaughlin here at Bucks. 
     “Yeah the way we came up with our name was…organic,” said Piccinetti.  “We were at this party, just standing around a tray of vegetables when we said, ‘what about Deleted Scenes’?”
     Last month, Deleted Scenes took home the 1st place award for the Mid-Atlantic Regionals of the National College Improv Tournament at the Shakespeare Theatre in Philadelphia, which put them in the national finals which will take place in March of next year in Chicago. “We literally were notified about three days before the competition that one of the teams backed out and they needed one more team, so we said, what the heck, let’s do this,” said Lang.  
     The team was up against four other improv teams from Oberlin, Temple, La Salle, and Haverford Colleges.  “They were all really funny so we didn’t think we would win,” explained Gentile. “We went because we thought it would be cool and a good time, that’s all.”  Reichart added that they “just looked at it as another show, never as a competition.”
     Besides just taking home the win, they were the first community college to ever get an award and the first team to ever incorporate puppets in their improvisations.  “We spent about two or three weeks just creating our puppets, I felt like a surgeon,” said Reichart, while Piccinetti said that he “felt like I was making Frankenstein!”
     Gentile explained that “One of the things that we do besides regular long form improv is that we use puppets and ask the audience for a movie title and a genre for that movie.  With that, we just have fun with what we’re offered, off the top.”
     “Hence our name, Deleted Scenes!” added Reichart with a contagious laugh. 
     For the competition, the audience had them do “Borderliner,” a horror movie and “Sock Monkeys,” which was supposed to be a vampire love story.  Throughout their performance, the crowd’s laughter seemed inevitable and grew more and more as they went on.  
     “It was unbelievable,” said Reichart.  “You should’ve seen Rob’s face when they announced us as the winners!”  Lang says that there’s “nothing better than when people enjoy a performance of us just being us, its nuts!” 
     For upcoming local shows and videos, find Deleted Scenes on http://deletedscenesimprov.blogspot.com/ or at
www.facebook.com/DeletedScenesImprov/ or at www.youtube.com/user/deletedscenesimprov/
     If you like what you see, support them for their trip to Chicago next year by buying  merchandise on their website.