Bucks holds Reading and Writing event for women

Bucks is holding its 11th annual Reading and Writing Women event on March 26 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The event is to honor women for March is women’s history month.

Reading and Writing Women is an event not just for women but for men as well, anyone can attend. It is an open – microphone event, so for anyone who is an inspiring poet or song writer and wants to share his or her piece you are strongly encouraged to attend.

All entries have to be written by, for, or about women. This event is sponsored by the Department of Language and Literature and it is completely free.

Each hour a special guest speaker will read a selection from his or her own original work.

Guest speakers include prize winning local poets and faculty. The remainder of the event will feature students reading famous works by women or their own individual work about women.

Some guest speakers include current Bucks County Laureate, Corie Feiner, also faculty member and playwright, Shelli Pentimall Bookler. A selection of The Forever Notes will be read by faculty member, Ethel Rackin, her debut collection of poetry.

Faculty member Connie Goldman will be discussing the importance of compassion in Nurse’s Notes. This event will be filled with poets and writers alike so don’t be afraid to drop by and share your work with fellow writers.

The event will be taking place in the Gallagher room of the Rollins Center. There is no requirement for reading, just show up and read something if you wish.

This event is done in the honor of women and everything women have done for this country. The speakers will also be talking about the important women in U.S. history suck as Susan B. Anthony and Rosa Parks. This event is scheduled for Monday, March 26.

If you have any future questions you can contact Jean Dolan, Assistant Director of Public Relations, [email protected].