Nothing was the same for Drake

Rap artist Drake paints in broad strokes and appeals to many in his third, and newest studio album, “Nothing was the Same.”

Ever since early 2013 fans could not wait to get Drakes album with the release of his first single “Started from the Bottom.”

Almost two years ago Drake released his second studio album “Take Care.” “Take Care” was a great album and was a critical darling but the rapper himself believed that he could do a lot better and “Nothing was the same” proves just that.

“Nothing was the same” addresses the more personal side of Drake where he talks about how he got into music industry and rose to fame, his family, past relationships that he regrets and more.

The first record on the album titled “Tuscan Leather,” a six minute long intro verse with no hooks just displays his lyrically genius with words such as “This is nothing for the radio. But they’ll still play it though.

Drake is never afraid to express his feelings and Bucks student Mustapha Kunter studying liberal arts likes that about the young rapper.

“I listen to anything by Drake. He feels more comfortable about on album then he did on his last album.”

Ladies will love Drake’s melodic grooves as he sings lines like “Next time we talk I don’t wanna just talk I wanna trust” with confidence. Of course ladies are already loving his second single “Hold on We’re Going Home.” But not everyone is a fan of his love songs Bucks student Jasmine Gonzalez studying business doesn’t like about the album.

“It was too emotional. Overall message is too repetitive,” Gonzalez said. “I’m getting tired of the romance.”

Another Bucks student KC Gayney studying psychology agrees with Gonzalez.

“The album is too depressing. I like ‘Worst Behavior’ and ‘Pound Cake’ though.”

On the song “Too Much” with singer Sampha, Drake was not afraid to talk about his family problems due to his fame talking about his Mom saying “Hate the fact my mom cooped up in her apartment telling herself. That’s she too sick to get dressed up and go do s***.”

Drake ends the album with “Pound Cake/Paris Motion” which is a two part song featuring rap legend Jay Z. Drake attacks the people who bullied him through high school. “My classmates, they went on to be chartered accountants. Or work with their parents, but thinking back on how they treated me. My high school reunion might be worth an appearance. Make everybody have to go through security clearance.”

Overall “Nothing was the same” is Drakes best album by far and Bucks student Jabari Pinnock studying liberal arts agrees, saying “I’m a fan of Drake and I believe this album shows his growth and I also think that people that don’t listen to Drake might like this album.”