The wizarding world returns to film

World famous author J.K Rowling is back again, but this time by writing a screenplay for a new movie set in the world of wizarding and witches.

Rowling recently revealed on her Facebook page that she is involved in the making of a new movie called “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.” The title sounds familiar to some due to the fact that it is a book that Harry and his friends read at Hogwarts.

“This film sounds like it could be interesting, I am looking forward to seeing JK Rowling branch out,” said Ronnie Giusti, 23, an astronomy major from Warrington.

Rowling stated in an interview with ‘The Independent,’ “Although it will be set in the worldwide community of witches and wizards, where I was so happy for 17 years, ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them’ is neither a prequel nor a sequel to the Harry Potter series, but an extension of the wizarding world.”

That has not hindered even mild Rowling fans from saying they would still watch it.

“I will definitely watch it when it comes out on DVD, I have never heard of it before so I am curious to see what she does with the idea,” said Mike Lafferty, 19, a sports management major from Chalfont.

“Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” is story originally written by Newtown Scamander in 1927 according to entertainment.time.com.

Warner Bros Entertainment group will get the honor of producing this film which is supposed to begin casting in the near future.

Many students at Bucks grew up watching and reading the Harry Potter series, so to hear this got some people quite excited about J.K Rowling’s new project.

“I will definitely go see it,” Giusti said when he was asked about the movie coming out in theatres. “I thought she did a great job doing the Harry Potter books and putting them into a movie. I think most fans know what Rowling is capable of and the uniqueness of her work.”

Whether you were a hardcore Harry Potter fan, the one who got upset when the last movie came out two years ago, or just a mild fan that did not get too into the series but enjoyed Rowling’s work, there is a mutual interest into this new movie.

As expected, there will be some previous fans that do not think this new movie is a good idea.

“I don’t think it’s a good idea for a new movie like Harry Potter because the idea of witches and wizards isn’t that big right now” said Andrew Zyck, 19, a sports management major from Warrington.

Many people may agree with that but it is still early in the process so once trailers come out it may change some peoples mind that have similar point of views as Zyck.

Any fan of the world of witches and wizards stay tuned because JK Rowling is coming back to Platform 9 ¾ on a different express.