Nintendo Switches it Up with New Console

Video games are a fun and exciting way to escape your real world troubles. There are many systems to choose from, like the Playstation 4 from Sony, the Xbox One from Microsoft, and the Wii U from Nintendo.

Ever since the announcement of Nintendo’s new and upcoming console called the Nintendo Switch, fans all over have been talking about it nonstop. If you’ve gone on Facebook lately, you might have seen that the Switch has been a hot topic in the news.

It is said to be released this coming March, confirmed by Brendan F., a high schooler who plays video games often and who has seen that general release date on multiple websites. Also according to Brendan, who has done a decent amount of research online, many people seem to love the idea of a system that you can either play on your TV or switch it over to a mobile tablet. With a price point of $300, Brendan, along with multiple other people online have been saying things like, “If I can afford it, I’ll be buying it opening day.” or “$300 is pretty fair price for what you get.” Things are looking good for Nintendo’s future.

Nintendo is known to switch things up in the video game department. Starting with the Wii in 2006, which used motion controls instead of a standard controller, followed by the Wii U in 2012 which used motion controls and a tablet, Nintendo has definitely been doing things differently than Sony, Microsoft, and so forth. People like diversity, and Nintendo isn’t afraid to bring change to the table.

The Nintendo Switch is said to be geared more towards mobile gaming. The tablet it comes with has the processing power of a tablet computer and has 6 hours of battery life. Most people haven’t looked into all of the specs yet, like Tyler Rickert, a college student who has owned previous Nintendo consoles. When inerviewed, he mentioned that Nintendo is known for using gimmicks to get people to buy their conosoles, like motion controls and playing gamesd with home console power graphics on the go. In his opinion, the Switch isn’t going to sell unless it comes out with a decent amount of solid games.

Tyler thinks that a lot of people will get over the gimmicks of the new console quickly and only continue to be hooked if good games become readily available. He isn’t one to jump on the bandwagon and buy it when it comes out like some people may do. Tyler thinks that waiting and seeing what Nintendo and third-party developers have up their sleeves is better than buying it and having nothing to play on it. Tyler, like other Nintendo fans across the internet, think that the Switch is a good idea and may sell well if the game lineup is strong. Only time will tell.