Bucks Musicians Featured in Winter Concerts

Bucks students will demonstrate their musical talents in a string of upcoming winter concerts. The performances will all be held within the next month with the first performance beginning Nov. 29.

The music program at Bucks, which is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music, offers students a way to further their talent and major in music as well as earn scholarships to four-year music institutions. Every so often, the students and faculty of the music department will showcase their talents in concerts to the public such as the ones coming up.

Associate Professor of Music at Bucks, Rochelle Reed, will direct a concert choir on Nov 29. The choir made up of some fifty voices will perform at the Presser Room at 7:30 pm. Mark Pultorak, Bucks music professor, will conduct his percussion ensemble alongside Reed. The Presser Music Room, is located inside the Music and Multimedia Center, at the Newtown campus.

On Thursday, Dec. 7, the Bucks jazz orchestra will play at 7:30 pm. The concert will take place at the Zlock Performing Arts Center which is in the Gateway Center. The concert will be directed by Jeff Baumeister, a jazz pianist and member of the music faculty at Bucks. The orchestra will perform an array of songs to the audience.

From the classical tunes of the Big Band era, jazz standards, and newly composed works of today, the jazz orchestra promises to showcase their talent to and please the audience with all the jazz music they want to hear.

The concert is free and open to the public. Tickets are available on the Bucks website under events and tickets.

Professor Rochelle Reed will also be directing and singing with a choir which will take place at an upcoming concert on Sunday, Dec 17. This final part of the concert series will end the series on a high note.

The Madrigal Singers of Bucks will perform at the Friends of Music Concert. The concert is to be held at Trinity Episcopal Church in Solebury, Pennsylvania. The church is located on 6587 Upper York Road in Solebury.

The concert which begins promptly at 4 pm, will also feature Trinity’s own choir. The Madrigal singers are set to perform alongside the Trinity Choir and an orchestra with a performance of Messiah.

Messiah, composed by famed German composer George Frideric Handel, is an oratorio which features an orchestra, choir, and soloists. Messiah, which also incorporates religious themes from King James Bible, is a perfect way to celebrate the upcoming Christmas season for Christians and music lovers alike.

Tickets for the Friends of Music concert are $20 for adults and $10 for Bucks students. The tickets are available through Trinity Episcopal Church’s website.