Why You Should Do the Disney College Program

Sometimes the hustle and bustle at Bucks can get really repetitive. The same campus, the same people etc. If you’re feeling stuck, then the Disney College Program could be right for you, I know it was for me.
What is the Disney College Program? It is an internship that can last anywhere from four months to a year. During this internship you are placed into company sponsored housing. Roles can vary from custodial, to attractions, to working in entertainment.
You can apply for the Disney College Program by checking disneycareers.com. If you would like to audition for a performing role you must attend one of the auditions posted on disneyaudtions.com. Following you application (depending on whether or not you move forward), there will be a web based interview. After that you will have a phone interview with a recruiter. It may sound like a lot but it’s really not that scary.
From January of 2016 till 2017, I did my college program in the entertainment department. The best part about it? I was able to take my classes online while I did it. So that means in between doing parades and shows at Magic Kingdom, I was working towards my degree. Disney also offers unique classes that could potentially count towards college credit.
Students doing the Disney College Program during the semester at Bucks may be more common that you think. Morgan Cox, 22, a 2016 graduate of Bucks did a college program in merchandise in spring of 2015. “It helped me by allowing me to meet people from all over the world and be in scenarios that were new to me,” she stated. Although Morgan opted out of taking classes during her program, she claimed “the memories and experiences outweigh not graduating on time”.
If you’re looking for a fun, once in a lifetime opportunity then strongly consider applying. It is an exciting, totally manageable internship that everyone should take advantage of.