A Review Of Gary Clark Junior’s New Album

Gary Clark Jr. is known as one of the best guitar players of our time, yet his studio albums have disappointed fans for some time. He has finally found the formula to a better studio sound, adding in elements from so many of his influences, and making a new unique and thrilling sound that has lacked in his studio sessions.

The first single from the track “This Land” which is the title of the album comes in with a catchy chorus “this land is mine” with hints of a hip-hop verse with his controversial lyrics directed toward Trump supporters and the norm of speaking your mind in his lyrics.

Growing up in the southern environment you can hear his frustration with some of the norms around him and the passion he puts into this album. As you move along the album, Clark gets more and more diverse, a trend we are seeing throughout the music world, with so many new sounds and influences even leading to subgenres of music leaving something for practically everyone.
Genres can limit artists and it is refreshing to see someone in a traditional style branch out and take in even more diverse thinking to stretch his sound into what he wants it to be.

From the blues inspired “Feed the Babies” to the more classic alternative sound of “I Walk Alone” this is clearly Gary’s best shot at finding his own sound. His previous albums seemed to lack this creativity and depth that Mr. Clark has now found himself creating.
Gary’s true fans will still be pleased with his genuine guitar sound found on “Pearl Cadillac” that transcends some of his previous work.
Clark has outdone himself here, and made the studio album his fans have been waiting for, its amazing to see how artists develop into their own like Mr. Clark has. “This Land is available on all streaming platforms and in stores now!