2020 Grammy Nominations

The nominations for the 2020 Grammy awards were announced and stars such as Lizzo, Billie Eillish, Ariana Grande and Lil Nas X all received several nods.
Female rapper and singer Lizzo lead the list with eight nominations, including best new artist and song of the year.

“I am most excited about Lizzo. I love the song “Truth Hurts” so much and I really want her to win best song of the year,” said Dylan Lorenz, an undecided major from Langhorne.
Lizzo has been topping charts for several months with her album “Cuz I love You.” Some students feel her songs are over played.

“I actually am sick of the song “Truth Hurts.” I most definitely hope that song does not win song of the year because, to be honest, it was only popular for about a month anyway. I am all about self-love and everything but I think it’s a little overkill with her. I do not even think she sounds good,” said Sophia Laurence, an undecided major from Hulmeville.
Philadelphia native rapper, Meek Mill also scored big with a nomination for rap album of the year.

“It will be Meek Mill winning album of the year for “Championships”. Lizzo will take the dub for song of the year for sure. Everyone loves that song,” said Daniel Sinagoga an undecided major from Langhorne.

“Championships” is Mills first he album he created since being released from prison. This is also Mill’s first recognition at the Grammys. Many Bucks students were in the majority that think Meek Mill deserves to win album of the year.

“The nominees this year are weak. Bunch of weak people besides Meek. Jerry Garcia should’ve been nominated 20 years too late,” said Josh McGrory, a business administration major from Feasterville.

Another fierce competitor for album of the year is the band Vampire Weekend. The alternative group released a critically acclaimed album titled “Father of the Bride.”
“I think Vampire Weekend should win album of the year out of all of the nominees because I listened to that album the most. I really haven’t listened to most of the people nominated,” said Rocco Boggi, an undecided major from Feasterville.

Mega pop-star, Ariana Grande also received five nominations for her album “Thank U, Next.”
Mariah Romano a health professions major from Hulmeville, was not happy to hear of Grande’s success.

“I don’t really watch TV, but I think Ariana is overrated and she doesn’t deserve to win with her music. We should vote Lizzo to win record of the year. I am probably not going to watch it this year because they are showing Ariana Grande, and every time I listen to her, I get flashbacks from the fifth grade. I will only be watching Lizzo from a twitter live stream,” said Romano.
While student had strong opinions on who their favorites were, it’s agreed that it is nice to recognize the artists and bests of the bests every year. The Grammys will take place on Jan. 26 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California at 8 pm.