Zlock Performing Arts Center to Put on Shows Throughout the Semester

Tony

The Zlock performing arts center at Bucks will be hosting several events and shows in the upcoming months. With all these different events being scheduled there is something for everyone to enjoy. 

Indrajit Roy-Chowdhury’s will be performing on February 17th at 12:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Roy-Chowdhury’s will combine his Sitar music with classical Indian dance 

On February 24th, the Cultural Streaming Series celebrates Martha Argerich’s 70th birthday by playing unreleased BBC recordings of her performance with the 1977 Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra. 

On March 4th from 2:00 p.m., until 3:00 p.m. Ophira Eisenberg will be hosting “Talk of the Town,” a women’s empowerment event based around Women’s History month. 

Also, on March 4th Ophira Eisenberg will be hosting the “Big Laughs” comedy special at 7:30 p.m. When asked which event he thinks students will like the best, the Director of Community Programming and College Events, Pete Chiovarou said, “Big Laughs I think that it is something for everyone to enjoy.” 

On March 11th Demetria Joyce Bailey’s “Ladies Swingin’ with the Band” will be performed at 7:30 p.m. This show features a high-energy story in song about Ella Fitzgerald, Sarah Vaughn, Rosemary Clooney, Doris Day, Nancy Wilson, and more female vocalists from the ‘20s, ‘30, ‘40, and ‘50s. 

On March 20th “ARTRAGEOUS” will be shown at 3:30 p.m. This show will combine live art, rock concert, imaginative movement, vocal performance, comedy, blacklight Bunraku, Artpunk wear, and inclusion creating one outstanding experience. Chiovarou said he was looking forward to “Artrageous” the most, “Artrageous, it is a family show that blends live music and art in a fun and interactive way. 

The last event being shown in the next two months is the New Feathers Reading Series “BEYOND.” This story focuses on the relationship between a mother and her daughter with elements of how we perceive reality. The story is about an elderly woman named Marie who befriends a creature that arrives at her house. The creature slowly brings Marie lost memories of her and her daughter that will eventually reveal a bigger truth.  

Chiovarou had the public on his mind when this slate of programs was being planned, “We were going for a diverse program where seniors, parents, and students can all find something to enjoy. The goal was to make it an environment where people can bring their friends and family and just forget about the outside world for a little bit.” 

If this sounds like something you or your family might like, then feel free to come down to the Zlock theater as tickets are free for students and the seats are socially distanced.