This Fall, Experience the Performing Arts Live at Bucks

The “Zlock Performing Arts Center” at Bucks County Community College has many exciting live events planned for students throughout the first semester, hosting various talented artists to offer an enriching art experience that would otherwise be difficult to discover.

“The Zlock” has been hosting events on the Newtown Campus for eight years now, continuing a tradition that Bucks is excited to continue on behalf of everyone.

“The Zlock Performing Arts Center strives to be a hub of culture and entertainment.” says Pete Chiovarou, Director of the Zlock Performing Arts Center and Community and Cultural Programing. “Having a wide range of great entertainment here is an awesome benefit to students and to our community, who can experience national touring acts and artists in a relaxing venue close to home at a free to low ticket price.”

There is no shortage of performances this semester; the lineup includes talented musical acts by “the Sam Grisman Project”, Swing musician Josco Stephan, saxophonist Lakecia Benjamin and a pair of instrumental holiday concerts by “the Eric Mintel Quartet” and “the Pennsylvania Philharmonic Big Band.” The Zlock will also host comedian Sammy Obeid, a performance of the 80s rock-inspired musical “Frankenstein Rocks!,” documentary film “How Saba Kept Singing”, and a duo of recorded performances. Not only that, but Bucks’ Dance Program will have a showcase this fall, and Bucks’ Jazz Ensemble will also be performing this semester.

The Bucks Live! box office in the Zlock Performing Arts Center is where students should go for inquiries, ticket purchases, and comprehensive event schedules. Current Bucks students can attend most of these events for free by having a valid Bucks ID.

The box office also offers discounts for Bucks employees, alumni, active military, first responders, and veterans, making these events even more accessible. Parking is free for events.

If you find yourself indecisive about whether you should be attending, give it a go and attend, where you’re sure to have a great time meeting like-minded people who are just as enthusiastic as you are about art and performances. “There is something here for everyone to enjoy and experience.” says Chiovarou. As such, students should see what Bucks has in store.

Want to get directly involved? Volunteers and work-study students that want to help organize concerts and events are appreciated.

Any questions? The Bucks Live! Box office is run by students who are happy to assist others with inquiries and ticket purchases and hope to see more people at Bucks’ eighth year of live events at the Zlock Performing Arts center this semester.

The next event will be Nov. 3 with the Sam Grisman Project.