The Anime Club is Underway

The Anime Club is Underway

A new semester marks the start of club season with the Anime Club holding meetings on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3 to 6 p.m. in Rollins 116.

The anime club is for those who are passionate about the visual style of animation known as anime.

Anime is a form of animated movies and shows originating from Japan including films and shows such as “Spirited Away,” “Attack on Titan,” “Pokémon,” “A Silent Voice” and “Your Lie in April.”

President of the Anime Club, Aaron Raghu, states, “A couple of years back, it wasn’t very popular, and people wouldn’t express how much they like anime.” He continues to say, “after COVID, people started to accept anime more.”

Anime has been increasing in popularity in recent times throughout the world, with some even getting live-actions, such as Netflix’s “One Piece” as well as the upcoming “Sword Art Online” and “My Hero Academia.”

When asked about the ever-growing popularity of anime, Raghu said he was “happy about it” and happy to see people “express their love for anime.” His main goal for the anime club is to connect everyone who likes anime.

Raghu used his time as a member of the anime club at Duquesne University to model the club at Bucks. Raghu says he “modeled the anime club from my time at Duquesne. They’re almost the same.” Raghu said that when he joined Bucks, “there wasn’t an anime club; there was one four years ago, but it died.”

Raghu says, “you don’t have to be in the club to show up” and that the club is “open to everyone.” He assures new members joining the anime club, “It doesn’t matter where you came from as long as you love anime or just want to try it out.”

The anime club watches two episodes of three anime shows on Tuesdays and again on Thursdays. The anime club Discord server contains more information on the specific anime shows they are watching.

For additional information regarding the anime club, contact the club president at [email protected] or join the Discord server using the QR code on the anime club flyers found throughout campus.