The Excitement Behind These Upcoming Movies

The Bucks community has been getting excited about the wide variety of movies that are coming out in late 2023 or 2024.

This year, the Writers Guild of America strike and Screen Actors Guild-America Federation of Television and Radio Artists strike occurred where hundreds of thousands participated in the protest against the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers over a labor dispute. This resulted in several movies and shows being canceled and or pushed back.

Though the strike ended on Sept. 27 and Nov. 9 respectively, the negotiations were rewarded, and the members of both guilds received were major and a deal was struck for both guilds.

Tara Goddard said, “I can’t wait to see “Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom.” One I am a big Jason Momoa fan and two I feel that it showcases Atlantis. I like the imagery they chose to use for Atlantis, and I feel it’s going to be a very action-packed movie.”

“Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom,” starring Jason Momoa as Aquaman was affected by both of the guilds’ strikes, resulting in a delayed release date. The original release date was scheduled for Dec. 16 however with the strikes taking place the new release date is Dec. 22.

Logan David said, “I am looking forward to seeing “Bad Boys 4.” I appreciate the continuance of the series and I want to see more comedic action-packed movies”.

The fourth movie in the Bad Boys series has yet to have a proper name other than being called “Bad Boys 4,” starring Will Smith and Martin Lawrence along with actors from the third film Vanessa Hudgens, Alexander Ludwig and Paola Núñez. The filming of this movie was paused due to the SAG-AFTRA strike, though this did not result in a delayed release the studio believes it will still make its June 14 release date.

Deven Marilyn said, “I am waiting to see “Beyond the Spiderverse.” I am interested in “Beyond the Spiderverse” because I saw “Across the Spiderverse” and I want to know how they continue and deal with the issues presented in the last movie. I also really enjoy the art style of the movie”.

“Beyond the Spiderverse” is a continuation of Across the Spiderverse as that movie left off on a cliffhanger, the movie was originally scheduled to release on March 29 however with the strikes taking place it was postponed due to the actors unable to do their voice work. The release date is indefinite as of right now but the fans awaiting hope for a date sooner rather than later.

Nicole Griscavage said, “An upcoming movie I’m excited for is “Wonka,” I’m looking forward to seeing a modern twist on an older tale I watched as a kid”.

The Wonka movie only found an issue with actor Timothée Chalamet as “Dune 2” was pushed into 2024 when the strikes took place. Though the studio stood firm on its release date coming Dec. 15.

Christina Lorino said, “I’m personally excited for “Beyoncé’s Renaissance Tour Film” because I enjoy her music and would love to see her show despite not being able to make it to a show on her actual tour. This film will allow those, such as myself, who could not attend a show on her highly-rated Renaissance Tour to see the amazing performances she put on nightly. As an enjoyer of “Taylor Swift’s The Eras Tour Film,” I’m excited to see Beyoncé’s talents” showcased in a similar way for all in theaters.”

This documentary was not disrupted by the strikes as it was filmed before the 2023 strikes took place and will be released on Dec. 1. The documentary showcases the 39-city tour that Beyoncé took to Europe and North America.