Entertainment: Movies, Television, and Pop Culture

Courtesy+of+unsplash+
Courtesy of unsplash

MUTANT AND PROUD! To those that grew up with Fox Kids and watching cartoons on Saturday mornings, the iconic and classic X-Men are making their way back to our screens March 20th on Disney Plus!

From 1992-1997 lasting five seasons it has been 27 years since X-Men: the Animated Series has had their series finale with “Graduation Day”  but now a continuation of where the original series left off will be hitting us with a 6th season.

After Charles Xavier dies, so much mutant discrimination and the battle of good vs. evil is still very much alive. The team of mutants have a mission not only to protect the world, but also fulfill Charles Xavier’s wish that humans and mutants can live together in peace and harmony. 

Expect to see your favorite mutants such as the genius Professor X, Cyclops the leader of the X-Men, the fighting Wolverine, the complicated Morph, the sweet and sugar Rogue, the brilliant Beast, the savage Gambit, Jubilee, Bishop and of course the evil Magneto and the dangerous mutant sentinels! X-Men 97 will also bring back original voice actors George Buza (Original voice actor for Beast) Cal Dodd (Original voice actor for Wolverine), Lenore Zann (Original voice actress for Rogue), and Catherine Disher (Original voice actress for Jean Grey) along with much more nostalgia!

“My X-Men..We have to stay vigilant, the professor entrusted us with his dream,” says Scott Summers. 

Series Directors: Jake Castorena (Director of the TV Series Batman Unlimited and The Death of Superman) and Chase Conley (Director of the TV Series Kipo and the Age of Wondersbeasts and Major Lazer) 

Writors: Beau DeMayo (Writer of Marvel’s Moon Knight and Paramount’s Star Trek: Strange New Worlds) 

Series Producers: Brad Winderbaum (Producer of Marvel’s Ant-Man and Marvel’s Black Widow), and Beau DeMayo

Series Music By: The Newton Brothers

Cast: Catherine Disher, Chris Potter, George Buza, Cal Dodd, Lenore Zann, Adrian Hough, Alison Sealy-Smith

Genre: Cartoon, Superheroes, Action

Rated: TV-Y7

Release Date: March 20th

Courtesy of Unsplash

PREPARE TO SEE KNUCKLES! The rebellious but lovable Knuckles is getting his own mini spin-off series that will be leading up to “Sonic 3” that is already in pre-production and will be a short, fun series for the fans! 

Directors: Carol Banker, Brandon Trost, Ged Wright, Jeff Fowler, Jorma Taccone

Series Writers: John Whittington, Brian Schacter, James Madejski

Producers:  Neal H. Moritz, Samantha Waite, Jeffrey Pinto-Lobo, Victoria Burkhart

Series Music By: Tom Howe

Cast: Idris Elba (Thor: Love and Thunder,Sonic the Hedgehog 2), Adam Pally (Dirty Grandpa, Sonic the Hedgehog)  Jaimi Barbakoff (Pride, Netflix’s Black Mirror), Colleen O’Shaughnessey (Murder and Cocktails, Sonic the Hedgehog) 

Genre: Action, Adventure, Family

Rated: TV-PG

Release Date: April 26, 2024